Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2012 22:00

Inspiron One 2320 Audio plays through both headphones and desktop speakers

I am have a problem trying to figure out how to stop audio playback through my desktop speakers when my headphones are plugged into the 3.5 mm jack on the left side of my All-In-One Inspiron One 2320 desktop.  I have tried everything in my knowledge of my computers and audio set up.  If someone could help me figure out how to configure the audio so that when I plug in my headphones the audio playback is only streaming through the headphone speakers and not both headphones and the internal desktop speakers simultaneously I would appreciate any input on this situation.  Thank You

GDiLe

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 26th, 2012 04:00

There should be a RealTek HD Audio Manager on your PC (not sure how it's accessed).  You should be able to reconfigure the jacks with that.  

September 25th, 2013 09:00

GDiLe, if you install the Dell Audio drivers and go into the settings and tell it to "pop up" on Jack insert you should get the option to tell it what you plugged in. Also make sure your device is fully plugged in. Now I actually need this functionality, but I need to make it permenant does anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks,  Bill

5 Posts

December 16th, 2015 18:00

Struggled with the same problem. Then noticed when I muted the "line-in mic" that the headphones also muted.

Fixed it by disabling the line-in mic.

How to:  right click on the speakers icon (bottom right corner). Select "Recording Devices". Right click "Microphone/Line In" and select "disable". 

No Events found!