Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2012 00:00

Inspiron One 2320 video artifacts with motion

I have a brand new Inspiron One 2320, non-touch screen.  When I move objects around on the screen, a strange artifact which has the appearance of textured cloth or maybe tiny checkerboards appears.  I have changed the refresh rates to 50, 59, 60 hz without effect.  Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,

James

December 28th, 2012 01:00

Hi ProvostZakharov,

Please follow the steps below to check the mouse settings.

• Press the Windows key and W key together.
  • Type in Mouse in the search box, click on the tab "Mouse"
  • This will open the Mouse properties window
In the mouse properties below click on use Default then click on Apply. Next, click on the Pointer options tab and uncheck the box "Display pointer trails". Click on Apply and Ok to save the settings.

Please try these steps and let me know if you need any further help.

December 28th, 2012 08:00

Thank you for your response.  I changed the mouse settings as you described but it did not change the problem.  By the way I am running Windows 7 on this machine and not Windows 8, if that matters.

The problem is not localized to the mouse cursor or a part of the screen.  Whenever I move anything, windows, icons, or anything else, a subtle textured appearance appears.  Taking screenshots does not show the artifact, so I think it may relate to the monitor and refresh rate or something.

December 29th, 2012 02:00

Hi ProvostZakharov,

It will be very helpful in understanding the issue if you can post a video on how the screen looks while moving the cursor. It is also recommended that you try to reinstall the video driver and make sure the BIOS is updated.

You can install latest BIOS from the link below:

http://dell.to/UskdvP

Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:

• Adapter should be connected
  • No external devices should be connected.
  • All other programs should be closed and documents saved
  • Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

You can also check the link below for driver installation. Enter the system Service Tag, choose the operating system as Windows 7 and install the video driver listed for this system.

http://dell.to/SKTBpI

Please reply for any further questions.

No Events found!