I have an Inspiron One 2305 and it doesn't wake from sleep (sometimes). I set all power management to completely disable any trace of sleep mode, but it goes to sleep anyway and doesn't wake up--I have to do about 5 hard resets per week. Is there any solution?
I would suggest you to run hardware diagnostics on the system for hardware functionality, by following the steps below:
Please change the power plan to default settings. You may uninstall and reinstall the display drivers. Please follow the steps below:
You may download and install the latest drivers from the link: http://dell.to/10mHPT6.
You may update the system BIOS. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/10mGo76.
Note: Do not turn off power before update complete. Connect your computer any surge protector (if available) to avoid any unexpected shut down. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved.
Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.
Thanks for the help and I tried all of the above suggestions; however, the problem still persists. I can tell that the computer is still running, but the screen is black and unresponsive to keyboard or mouse activity, and CTRL+ALT+DEL. I have TrendMicro SafeSync, Dropbox, and CrashPlan (all backup services) running in the background; however, this problem occurred before Dropbox or CrashPlan were installed.
You will have to change the power management settings of the keyboard and mouse so that it wakes up your computer from sleep. Please follow the steps mentioned below to enable a feature "Allow this device to wake the computer"
1. Open ‘Device Manager’ by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.
2. When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘keyboards’ and ‘Mice and other pointing device’ in the device manager.
3. Click on the arrow mark beside ‘keyboards’ and ‘Mice and other pointing device’.
4. Right click on the keyboard and mouse installed on your computer.
5. There you should find the ‘Power management’. Where you will be able to setup "Allow this device to wake the computer"
6. Click on ‘Ok’ and restart the computer to check for the issue.
Please let me know if this helps.
Those settings were already checked. Also, this doesn't happen all the time--most of the time, the mouse or keyboard successfully wakes up the computer. It's just once or twice a week that the screen is black, but the computer is clearly running, and neither keyboard nor mouse successfully wakes the computer from sleep.
I would suggest you to flash the BIOS first and then update Video card driver to check if it fixes the issue.
Inspiron One 2305 BIOS : http://dell.to/15nTvZM
Inspiron One 2305 Video card : http://dell.to/15qKCxW
Please let me know if this helps.
I had already updated the BIOS and video card drivers last week. I was curious about one thing: In the Control Panel, there are several components listed:
1. HID Keyboard Device
2. Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard
3. Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard
4. Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys
The mouse also has 3 versions of "HID Compliant Mouse", 2 of which have a Power Management tab. Maybe I should delete one of the versions? Either way, the computer went dead again today, still running, but unable to wake from sleep with mouse or keyboard.