Highlighted
ben29
1 Copper

Inspiron Small Desktop 3000 series upgradability

I wanted to order the above unit but there is no response from DELL regarding upgradability. Perhaps their server is down. Details of the Inspiron product is at this link: http://www.dell.com/my/p/inspiron-3647-small-desktop/pd?oc=w210451mywin8&model_id=inspiron-3647-smal...

I wish to upgrade the memory module by another 4GB; and if this can be upgraded how do i go about it as there are insufficient instructions unlike those days (3 or 4 years back) there is an option for each component, if applicable, to be upgraded. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
relmbo
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron Small Desktop 3000 series upgradability

I just upgraded my Inspiron 3647 from 4GB to 16GB myself with RAM purchased from Best Buy.  I am a complete novice and have never done this before.  Initially I was befuddled by the enormous black fan guard that was blocking my access to the two RAM ports.  But, I finally figured out how to pop it out.  (Look at the 4 arrows on the fan. You have to reach behind and pull each latch holding the fan guard in place. Slender fingers will help!).

0 Kudos
ben29
1 Copper

Thanks for your information.

Perhaps you can answer another one which is whether the motherboard comes with DVI (digital visual interface) port that connects to a monitor by a cable. Thanks

0 Kudos
relmbo
1 Copper

Hmm... not sure.  There is an HDMI and VGA connection on the back, but no DVI.  However, there is an empty slot in the back with a removable cover.  Perhaps DVI could be added?  I'm just not knowledgeable enough to know.

0 Kudos
8 Platinum

Thanks for your information.

Perhaps you can answer another one which is whether the motherboard comes with DVI (digital visual interface) port that connects to a monitor by a cable. Thanks

ben29

No, the Inspiron 3647 small desktop has a HDMI-out port, together with a VGA port

http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-3647-small-...

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos