Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2013 08:00

Inspiron - continuous problems

Dear Dell Customer and Technical Services

Dell Computer: Inspiron 560n (Service tag:  [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy]  

My name is Sarvam Kailasapathy and I bought a Dell desktop computer on October 13, 2010 from Softlogic, Sri Lanka.

Within a few months of purchasing my computer started having problems. In April 2011 hard drive was changed.

From last year it would not start when I pressed the power switch. I had to try many times before the computer would start. Further, there were error messages such as fan not working. The computer was given to Softlogic. They serviced the computer and returned it (September, 2012). In October 2012, as the problem continued I took the computer back to Softlogic and this time they repaired the power supply unit. But to date the problem persists. Now for the last 2-3 weeks the computer will not start at all.

Each time we give it to Softlogic they keep it for 2-3 weeks (once they kept it for a month) and returned it saying either the computer is working or we serviced it and now it is working. They never give us clear answers as to why the computer is having problems such as this.

I have used various computers for a long time (at home and at work) and had no such problems. I am very disappointed with this Dell computer. Hence, I thought of directly writing to Dell and hoping for a solution to the problem as I have not got any solution here through your agents in Sri Lanka and I am very unhappy, the least to say, about their service.

In 2010 when I was looking to buy a computer I decided to buy Dell due to its reputation, but what a disappointment. For all the loss of usage, trouble I have gone through taking it to the agent and picking it up, and stress, I strongly feel a replacement should be given to me.

The computer is still under the 3 year warranty.

Yours sincerely,

Sarvam Kailasapathy

1.3K Posts

March 19th, 2013 07:00

Hi Sarvam,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly provide the system service tag through a private message so that I can check the details and assist you accordingly.

To send me a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

No Events found!