Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 16th, 2012 12:00

Is it legal to send refurbished parts in warranty?

There appears to be a problem with my motherboard. I have a DELL's COMPLETECOVER COVERAGE PROGRAMME that includes next business day and parts only warranty. A service provider has come thrice to replace the motherboard with refurbished parts that do not work. I wanted to know why the replacements are not out-of-factory parts and legally speaking, can DELL technical support use refurbished parts as replacements?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

A.Dar

No, it's not illegal for Dell to install refurbished parts for a warranty repair.

This a common practice with both Dell and the other OEM computer manufacturers.

For more information read the following,

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~section=010#hardware

Quote,

"We use new and refurbished parts made by various manufacturers in
performing warranty repairs and in building replacement parts and products.
Refurbished parts and products are parts or products that have been returned to
Dell, some of which were never used by a customer. All parts and products are
inspected and tested for quality. Replacement parts and products are covered for
the remaining period of the limited hardware warranty for the product you
purchased. Dell owns all parts removed from repaired products and, in most
instances, you will be required to return defective parts to Dell"

Bev.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

Any parts at dell more than 30 days old get the refirbished moniker to avoid paying taxes on them over and over again.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 16th, 2012 13:00

A.Dar

Sorry, I cannot help with India's Ombudsperson, as I do not have this information available.

Bev.

4 Posts

August 16th, 2012 13:00

That was quick. Thanks! I have some more questions [posted as a separate thread] about the contact details of DELL India's ombudsperson and a general enquiry of the various alternatives available to a customer if they are not satisfied by the DELL escalation team. I would appreciate it if you could take time to answer those as well.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 16th, 2012 22:00

You have to Go thru Dell INDIA's site to address Dell India issues.

Call 1-800-425-4026 or 080-2506-8026

www1.ap.dell.com/.../overview

Contact Dell Services

Extend Your Warranty

Dell Services Data Sheet

Dell Service Agreement

4.4K Posts

May 31st, 2013 05:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.              

No Events found!