Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2015 05:00

Is my Inspiron One 2320 now dead thanks to Dell and Windows 10?

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it got launched but today came across a list via Dell website informing me that this model isn't suited for Windows 10.......bit late to be told now...thanks Dell.

So when it 1st downloaded there were a few issues (mainly Dell Stage not working and an NVidea  driver not working) but the system worked enough for my needs.

Then last week all the task bar icons just disappeared and no amount of searching or tinkering got them back.

So I re-installed Windows 10 and they all worked fine. Trouble was all of the apps were uninstalled and require manual install. So I've spent all of my Sunday doing that and have now come to Skype and found the webcam not working.

Searched device manager to find I have no webcam device installed at all and nothing on Dell support page telling me how to get it back.

So out of frustration I am now trying to go back to an old version of Windows 7 but 1st have to create a back-up disc that is taking over an hour.

So while I'm waiting can anybody out there tell me if I'm wasting my time doing this?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 4th, 2015 16:00

" Searched device manager to find I have no webcam device installed at all "

:emotion-2:

EDIT:

Posted by DELL-Chris M on 7 Oct 2012):

Go into Control Panel -Device Manager, find the Imaging devices for an Integrated Webcam and double click it. Verify the Manufacturer is "Creative Technologies Ltd." on the General properties page. After confirming the correct webcam driver has been installed properly, look for the Dell Webcam icon in the right side of Task bar, then right click it and select the Launch Webcam Center. Click the Start button in the center. The blue LED next to the camera should turn on and the webcam application should display the image of what it is pointing towards. If the software opens, there is a Reset button.

Read more, click on the link below..... 

en.community.dell.com/.../20200475

4 Posts

October 5th, 2015 09:00

thanks for the suggestion the trouble is that there is no longer a Imaging Device tag to click on.......it's gone along with any drop down line for a Integrated Webcam.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

October 5th, 2015 12:00

That list only means Dell hasn't tested it for compatibility with Win 10. Doesn't mean it won't work but it may take some tinkering...

Have you looked at this page for help with Dell webcams?

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

October 5th, 2015 19:00

Also see if there's any help here in the post by tpyak.

No Events found!