Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 17th, 2013 08:00

KM713 USB wireless keyboard - useless w/o original nano xcvr?

I purchased two Dell KM713 USB keyboards, originally shipped with the XPS one all-in-one computers.  These keyboards did not come with the original USB Nano receiver, under the front panel of the One.  I am using an Optiplex 990. I have a couple of Dell USB nano receivers, but none of them work with the KM713.   I bought a KM732 mouse and keyboard set, with the nano receiver, but it also does not pair up with the KM713.  I have tried Logitech unifying nanos, no joy, even after running the unifying software, both from Dell and from Logitech.  

My question is:  Is there any way to get a KM713 USB wireless keyboard to work if you don't have the original nano-receiver it was shipped with?  Or would the keyboard better serve as a kayak paddle (after bolting on a handle)? 

TIA.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 21st, 2013 08:00

Hi Greg,

It is by the design that the KM713 wireless keyboard and mouse can be paired only with KM713 USB Nano receiver. If you did not receive a Nano receiver or if there is a problem in pairing the keyboard and mouse, you will need to get the complete kit which includes keyboard+mouse+nano receiver.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 17th, 2013 09:00

Hi botulism,

I would be glad to assist you further on this issue. May I know if the wireless keyboard kit was purchased along with the computer or separately?

If purchased along with the computer, please private message me the service tag of the computer, if purchased as a separate unit please private message me the order number of the purchase.

Awaiting your response!

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

May 17th, 2013 10:00

Dell doesn't sell the nano receiver separately so i guess you now have boat anchors.

5 Posts

That's what I was thinking, too.  But I wanted to hear a confirmation from Dell, or someone who knows for certain.

5 Posts

As I said in my post, the keyboard was purchased separately (not a 'kit').   The keyboard was not purchased from Dell, so I don't have an 'order number'.  End of help, right?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

May 17th, 2013 15:00

That's what I was thinking, too.  But I wanted to hear a confirmation from Dell, or someone who knows for certain.

Chris M already validated this on another thread a long time ago.:emotion-9: 

Dell Does not sell nano dongles as a separate part.

5 Posts

May 17th, 2013 15:00

I have two Dell nano dongles right here in front of me.  As well as a Logitech unifying nano dongle.  My Q. is - why can I not get any of these dongles to work with the KM713 keyboard.  They work with the KM732 keyboard.  

I searched for KM713 keyboard usb dongle separate in the forums and couldn't find 'Chris M's reply, can you please cite?  Thanks.

--

Greg

5 Posts

May 21st, 2013 08:00

Thanks, Nikhil D.   That's exactly what I thought.

--

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 22nd, 2013 06:00

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the reply. In case of a similar situation in future, you can always refer to the link http://dell.to/YegVvF .

Feel free to reach out to us on SDC for any help.

3 Posts

July 16th, 2013 11:00

I am looking for the recievers to this keyboard as well, I have literally hundreds of them and I need those recievers. I wonder If I cant rig something up. There has to be a way

No Events found!