Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 12th, 2013 12:00

KeyBoard Fails in BIOS ,Dellgx270

I had Disassembled my DELL GX270 , because of some coldness on Mainboard , i heated up each part of CPU , i assembled PC , switched it on , it worked well , on windows , but i was unable to interact in BIOS A07 version ,  My keyboard is not working in BIOS , i changed keyboard to PS2 from USB   , still that created the same problem , i have now 3KEyboards available at this time , all are not working in BIOS , it does not even give light of NUM pad , and if it does , it hangs when i press F2 to enter the BIOS , screen moves me to BIOS , but after 0.55 seconds keyboard stops working , please give me some useful suggestion to repair that ,  

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

August 13th, 2013 11:00

" i heated up each part of CPU "  and likely permanently damaged the motherboard.:emotion-3:

I wouldn't  be a bit surprised that you damaged the motherboard...

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

August 12th, 2013 13:00

Kaldeep types faster than I do.

And please don't double-post the same question.

Hi NoorTanwri,

You may try the following steps.

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives, keyboard, and mouse) including power cables from the computer.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect only the monitor and keyboard and boot to BIOS screen to see if the keyboard works.

Also try reseating the coin cell battery to load BIOS defaults.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you further.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

Try clearing BIOS:

1. Power off, unplug
  2. Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
  3. Open case and remove motherboard battery
  4. Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
  5. Reinstall battery (right-side-up!)
  6. Close case and connect keyboard to one of rear USB ports

11 Posts

August 12th, 2013 15:00

Rohe and Kaldeep , i am Thankful to you in advance just trying as you both suggested , and Sorry Rohe , i just reposted my Question only because getting replies , ok trying , hope will be alrite ,  

11 Posts

My System is moved to OS now , i am seeing this welcome screen after 2 days , before now , i was just bored seeing that black screen , included white fonts ,

11 Posts

Dell-Kuldeep M , and  RoHe Thank you So much for your helpful reply ,  i  was really confused , you friends grow really fast  , just IMPRESSED , and Thankful .

-NoorTanwri

11 Posts

August 12th, 2013 16:00

Ok , Cleared BIOS  , as you told me in 6 Steps , everythingz okay now , but i can use PS2 keyboard only in BIOS , and USB keyboard allow me to press just a single key , after that USB keyboard freezes , whenever i press any one key in BIOS , its my Habit to Switch Num on and off again and again in bios by waiting , and this time whenever i switch it off (if its on ) it freezes , i left to do so ,BIOS screen moved me to 'F1 to continue or F2 to setup ' now if i press f1 its fine , it goes to OS , but if i go to BIOS setting , it freezes , what should i do , should i change my USB keyboard , should i use PS2 , or Any SOLUTION for SOLVING the PROBLEM .

I want to use USB keyboard in BIOS as well as windows.

Waiting for reply from you

-NoorTanwri

11 Posts

August 12th, 2013 16:00

I have followed your steps , its fine now , but the only problem is , i can not use the USB keyboard in BIOS. just after pressing any one key of usb KB in BIOS it gets stuck . what should i do , Dell-Kuldeep M ,

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

August 12th, 2013 17:00

Make sure USB Emulation is ON in BIOS setup, and try all the rear USB ports.

11 Posts

August 12th, 2013 22:00

yes , USB Emulation is ON , and i have tried all USB rear ports , but just at a single re-start , should i check all by re-starting the pc .

11 Posts

August 13th, 2013 03:00

STILL I AM FACING THE SAME PROBLEM , i am not solved yet  , i Cleared the BIOS , twice , in last 24hours , but still keyboard freezes in BIOS , USB and PS2 Both !!!

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 13th, 2013 07:00

" i heated up each part of CPU "  and likely permanently damaged the motherboard.:emotion-3:

11 Posts

August 13th, 2013 22:00

I Heated up ( I PLACED ALL PARTS IN SUNLIGHT FOR HOURS ) :( ,

August 14th, 2013 16:00

Hi NoorTanwri,

As you have tried all the necessary steps, it seems that the issue is with the motherboard.

As suggested by RoHe and SpeedStep, it could be a result of the parts being exposed to heat.

However, before replacing the motherboard you may try downgrading the BIOS as an alternate to see if that works.

Note: Downgrading the BIOS may cause permanent failure of the motherboard. It is at your own discretion to try downgrading the BIOS.   

Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

No Events found!