Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2016 05:00

Keyboard and Mouse not working on New Optiplex 3040 mt

Recently i purchased 10unit of Optiplex 3040mt for my office use, after installed win7 32-bit i just can use for a few minutes after that my keyboard and mouse is not responding at all but the light on devices still ON. In the few minute after i boot my window i install the remote software so that i can remotely and install the software and driver, I just install the Graphic, audio,network driver and chipset because normally if mouse it will be install automatically but in this case it is installed as Standard PS/2 Keyboard and Microsoft PS/2 mouse.

Please advice if i need to installed any other driver , because so far i just installed those 4 driver. Thank You

1 Attachment

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 17th, 2016 11:00

There are 2 chipset drivers for Win 7, 32-bit. Did you install Intel Chipset Device Software and the  Intel Management Engine Interface Driver? (And you also need Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for the USB3 ports.)

You can try this:

1. Open Device Manager and expand list under Human Interface Devices
  2. Double-click each entry and look for a Power Management tab
  3. If it has that tab, click it and the uncheck the box "Allow PC to turn off..."
  4. Reboot when done and see if that solves the problem.

If not, check the Windows Power Options settings to see if Windows is turning the ports off.

EDIT: Since these are PS/2 devices, you may have to look for the Power Management tab under Keyboard and under Mice in Device Manager, instead of under Human Interface Devices in Device Manager.

No Events found!