emmanuelg
1 Copper

Re: Keyboard failure

Yes I did, no result. What does work is a usb hub with an external power supply. Seems the built-in USB ports dont get power. So i managed to copy everything and canibalised that machine. Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
timmoeller1952
1 Nickel

Have you tried going into safe mode to see if the keyboard basics are working with the motherboard interface?

0 Kudos
emmanuelg
1 Copper

We did, no result. The machine is dead now, we took out all the different parts to keep the other machine running.

Thanks,

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
BryanUser
1 Copper

Hi Ron,

New to forum- Have Dell 9150 Win XP SP3.  "Keyboard Failure" , mouse won't work either.  Tried previous solutions of alternate keyboards,  removing power, removing battery etc.   I am now getting the Floppy Diskette seek failure, and still no keyboard.  Now the computer will not boot past the floppy error.

If I purchase and install a PCI USB or other powered USB hub, how will I get the computer to move past the error?  It is awaiting a "Strike F1 to continue" or F2 to run the setup utility.

Any suggestions?

Bryan

0 Kudos
RajV
1 Copper

This suggestion worked for me, please try this out.

This is suggestion posted by Jairoram on 1 Jan 2009, 7:47 PM
---------------------------------
Turn off PC by holding down power button.   After it turns off - unplug from wall. 

While unplugged from wall - hold down the power on/off button for 60 seconds (this drains the power from the system).

Plug PC back in and reboot - hopefully, that fixes the issue.

From what I have seen, this is a common problem and the keyboards are fine - Dell does not currently have a solution.

0 Kudos
RajV
1 Copper

This suggestion worked for me, please try this out.

This is suggestion posted by Jairoram on 1 Jan 2009, 7:47 PM

Turn off PC by holding down power button.   After it turns off - unplug from wall.  

While unplugged from wall - hold down the power on/off button for 60 seconds (this drains the power from the system).

Plug PC back in and reboot - hopefully, that fixes the issue.

From what I have seen, this is a common problem and the keyboards are fine - Dell does not currently have a solution.

0 Kudos
Okinola
1 Copper

I have  a XPS400, I had once a couple of yrs ago, as recommended by Dell, changed the hard drive and the motherboard due to other type of problems. Currently I am experiencing the "keyboard failure" problem, the computer loads Window up to the users welcome screen but from that point I can't go any further since my keyboard or mouse don't work. I have tryed the KB and the mouse on other pc and they work, the turn-off/ unplugged front the wall method does nothing. has DELL worked out a solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
Andreas Weber
1 Copper

Hallo.

Ich habe einen Dell Dimension 9150 mit Dell-Tastatur und Maus von Dell (beide USB).

Mein Problem ist, dass ein paar Tagen spielte ich meinen Computer, wenn er fror plötzlich. Ich den Computer herunterfahren und drehte ihn wieder ein. Nun, wenn es bootet es nicht mehr für eine Weile auf der ersten Dell-Bildschirm. Nach 20 Sekunden auf, aber es bewegt sich schreibt: "Keyboard failure".
Das Ergebnis davon ist, dass kann ich weder meine Tastatur verwenden noch meine Maus, dass ich lieber bin stecken gibt!

Ich kann mich nicht drücken Sie die F1, F2 og F12 bottons.
Ich habe versucht, die anderen USB-Einträge verwenden.
Sowohl die Tastatur und die Maus funktioniert einwandfrei auf meinem Laptop.

Kann jemand mir bitte helfen?

Hallo.

Ich habe einen Dell Dimension 9150 mit Dell-Tastatur und Maus von Dell (beide USB).

Mein Problem ist, dass ein paar Tagen spielte ich meinen Computer, wenn er fror plötzlich. Ich den Computer herunterfahren und drehte ihn wieder ein. Nun, wenn es bootet es nicht mehr für eine Weile auf der ersten Dell-Bildschirm. Nach 20 Sekunden auf, aber es bewegt sich schreibt: "Keyboard failure".
Das Ergebnis davon ist, dass kann ich weder meine Tastatur verwenden noch meine Maus, dass ich lieber bin stecken gibt!

0 Kudos
Andreas Weber
1 Copper

Hallo.

Hallo.

0 Kudos
Baunie
1 Copper

You need to switch off the computer by force shut down. Take the plug out and press the power button for at least 5 seconds This resets the bios. Open the computer and search for a small plastic blue jumper switch on the motherboard. Remember the position of the blue plastic jumper switch before you lift it off the motherboard. You will see the switch has 2 sockets and there are 3 pins under the switch. The switch will only cover 2 of the pins. Replace the switch over the centre pin and the pin which was previously uncovered. Leave it in the wrong position for a few seconds and then put it back to the original position. This resets all external devices, some devices attached to the computer including those on usb may have to be reinstalled but the keyboard and mouse will automatically be reinstalled when you boot up. It should boot normally now but if it doesn't you may have to retry and press F2 and enter the set up screen to set the boot sequence to boot from your hard drive. For further information : search for 'reset bios'.

0 Kudos