Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2016 07:00

Keyboard help required

I really hope someone on here will help me even if it's just to point me in the right direction, thanks. I have an Alienware X51 R1 desktop pc running Windows 10 64bit and I recently bought a Gigabyte Aivia Osmium gaming keyboard which has a built in 2 port USB hub comprising one USB 2.0 port and one USB 3.0 port. To enable the hub to work the keyboard has a two USB cables attached, one of which is a USB 2.0 cable which is plugged into one of the USB 2.0 ports on the back of the pc and the other is a USB 3.0 cable plugged into a USB 3.0 port on the back of the pc. The problem I am having is that although the keyboard works properly once Windows 10 has booted, I am unable to use the keyboard to access the BIOS. I have asked for help on the Alienware member forums and got no response whatsoever, I asked on the Gigabyte support site who were extremely unhelpful too. While searching online to try and solve this myself I saw something that said that the keyboard has to be connected to a specific USB port but gave no indication as to which one was the correct one. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this issue or at the very least point me in the direction of someone who can help me. I have tried plugging the keyboard in to just a USB 2.0 port leaving the USB 3.0 cable unplugged but this made no difference. I realise that I could just plug in a different keyboard but that is rather a nuisance having to change keyboards over.

Thanks.

2.3K Posts

July 26th, 2016 14:00

Hmm.  I'm going to assume the keyboard just won't work without both cords plugged in.  Its possible the hub and the keyboard components are interconnected with each other and that is why its not working to get into bios.  You could try just plugging in the USB 3 in, or using the front ports but if the fronts work and the backs do not you would have to switch around and so on etc.

No Events found!