Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2009 13:00

Kind of squeek noise every 2 mins..

This has come on over the last 2-4 days or so and when i'm listening to WinAmp I seem to be getting a funny squeek sound like every 2mins or so and it sounds a bit like pausing a cassette.

Can anyone help

Cheers

11 Posts

March 20th, 2009 17:00

Hello Thanks for your reply it's appreciated and I noticed one thing that I downloaded recently via MS update was the windows search which is constantly indexing and I have just uninstalled this. I get this kind of noise within iTunes and Winamp when streaming radio, I thought it could be WA but it's doing it in iTunes also.

I need to see whats been downloded lately and i'll root it out and keep you informed.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 20th, 2009 17:00

Have you added or changed anything recently?

It could be some IM application or something else that's loaded in the Sys Tray that is causing that.  Shutdown those programs and see if you still get it.

Also, try playing something with the Windows Media Player and see if you get it. 

11 Posts

March 21st, 2009 05:00

Hello

Last night I uninstalled some CODEC packs I downloaded for the WMP and today I still have the tiny squelch type noise within Winamp and iTunes..so just now I have uninstalled Winamp and for some reason it has gone when listening to radio within iTunes and WMP.

Cheers and if I still happens i'll do some more probeing.

Also is there a good alternative to Winamp.

Thanks

11 Posts

March 22nd, 2009 05:00

I have worked out what is causing the "squelch" noise every so often and it seems to be via IE7 and visting/refreshing web pages I seem to get this.

Any ideas

No Events found!