Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2008 02:00

Loud Buzzing with Speakers and Sub-Woofer.

I plugged in my dell speaker set (with sub-woofer) today following the instructions it came with in the box. I then went to play some music and when i turned on the speakers there was a loud buzzing noise. I then turned them off and removed my wireless internet receiver from the area, i turned off my phone and my ipod, i moved the hard drive away from them.. and still there was this loud buzzing noise. The manual said for 7.1 speakers (which they are) put it in the grey slot in my computer but that didnt work either. Afterwards i rang dell but there closed so i came on here.

can anyone please help me??

My computer is a dell vostro 200. OS is XP. I dont know what else to do!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 10th, 2008 09:00

It sounds like the speakers are not connected correctly or not internally (in the speaker system) wired correctly.  Go back over the complete speaker setup to verify all interconnecting cables are connected correctly and that all plugs are fully inserted. 

HERE is the on line manual (You should have a copy pre-loaded on the PC).  It details what goes where in reference to multi channel speaker systems.   There should also be a setup selection for the type of speaker system you have (e.g. 7.1).  Go to the control panel/sounds and audi devices.

2 Posts

February 11th, 2008 03:00

i disscovered something interesting today. I had a look over everything you said.. and it still didnt work. But the interesting thing is when i had the subwoofer plugged in and the speakers turned on - its a cable connecting the speakers to the sub-woofer with another lead to connect to the computer - (but the sub-woofer wasnt connected to the computer) the buzzing noise was still there.

I dont know if that helps.

38 Posts

February 12th, 2008 15:00

just check on the back of the sub woofer you may have the points to plug in the speakers in there. Which speakers do you have?
No Events found!