Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2016 23:00

Loud White Noise Problem: AC511 Sound Bar

Hi Experts,

I got two DELL AC511 USB Wired Soundbar from Amazon 10 months ago, used those for MS Windows computers, and recently I've started used those for Mac computers (OS X 10.12.1) with two Dell E2414Hx 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitors. The problem is that speakers make extremely loud white noises after about one minute play of music or video as shown in the video I attached.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3513/My-Movie-Small.mp4:428:240]

I changed USB ports connected to the computers, but this happens again and again. Any suggestion or solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 10th, 2016 09:00

ps4dog,

You need to retest the soundbars on the same MS Windows computers you used before when they were working. If the issue does not happen, the culprit must be the Mac computers.

2 Posts

November 17th, 2016 10:00

Unfortunately, the same problem showed in the Windows computer.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 18th, 2016 06:00

ps4dog,

If the issue is on both windows and MACs, the soundbar has to be defective. But, you purchased them  from Amazon, You will need to return them to amazon for replacement. Below is the Dell Warranty information on the soundbar when purchased through Dell.

If purchased from Dell the warranty information is below. 

1-year warranty Purchase with confidence and rely on the protection of a 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty1 and Advanced Exchange Service2 for your Dell USB Soundbar.

3 Posts

July 9th, 2017 01:00

I purchased this soundbar two months ago and have started experience this myself. I use this in conjunction with my dell monitor (forgot the model). So far, I have only experienced this when I am playing audio/video content through chrome. I tried to open and play music from iTunes when I encountered this problem and there was no issue, but if i tried to play something in my browser (before closing the browser completely), then the white noise would be there.

Is there a fix for this yet or do I need to request customer service?

3 Posts

This has been happening to me as well lately. From what I experienced, this only happens when i'm playing audio/video content from a browser. Has a fix been identified for this already or do I need to contact support? I purchased the soundbar about two months ago, just fyi.

3 Posts

I had written up a response, but the forum keeps telling me there's a duplicate response which is just ***. *** dell.

No Events found!