Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2011 09:00

Low Battery Message on Boot Up

Hello          Recently I began receiving a low battery message on boot up of my XPS 600. Yesterday I replaced the battery and am still receiving the message and now the system needs to be reset with almost every boot. I installed the battery as directed in the manual with the positive side towards the little clip although when I removed the battery I could have sworn it was reversed. Is this possible? I tested the battery I removed and it was in fact low and I tested the battery I installed and it was fully charged. Would it do any harm to flip the battery and see what happens? Suggestions?

Thanks

729 Posts

April 2nd, 2011 13:00

Try resetting CMOS by removing the battery for 10-15 minutes, then replace and boot.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 2nd, 2011 13:00

Do not reverse the battery, assuming you've installed it correctly.

You might try wiping it off in case you got some fingerprints on it prevent it from making good electrical contact. Hold it by the edges and be sure it's fully pushed down into the socket when reinstalled.

Ron

7 Posts

April 3rd, 2011 12:00

Well, reversed the battery, negative side towards the clip, and all is well. Took a closer look at the battery I removed and could see little scratches on the negative side caused by the clip. Weird, eh?

No Events found!