Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2016 07:00

Memory - Integrity Test Failed on Windows 10.

Hi,

I own Dell Inspiron 545s, customized with expandable RAM up to 8gb, and can upgrade to x64 system. I just recently discovered the possibility to enhance my RAM to 8 GB using all 4 slots, so I bought two extra 2 GB RAMs. I own Windows 10 Home 32 bit version, which I want to upgrade to 64bit.

I checked the system compatibility and figured out I can upgrade, and so I began.

I inserted the new RAMs first to unused slots, keeping old RAMs where they were. Then I ran my Pc for a test drive, and faced BSOD errors, not letting me boot into system at all. I thought the new RAMs might be causing the problem, so I tried testing RAMs and slots in following way.

1. Old RAMs in used slots = worked OK.

2. Old RAMs in unused slots = worked OK.

3. New RAMs in used slots = worked OK.

4. New RAMs in unused and Old RAMs in used slots = worked OK.

Afterwards, I began upgrading Windows 10 from 32 bit to 64 bit version. The upgrade finished, and I ran Windows updates. After 18 % progress of the Windows update, download stopped, forcing me to restart system.

Next, I rebooted, and faced BSoD error again, so I tried restarting, but system never loaded till boot screen. So I rebooted to DVD of Win10, which after initial load, turned a blank dark blue screen with no messages.

Afterwards, all my efforts to boot to system or to Windows 10 install DVD failed, resulting either in blank black screen with a cursor post the failed boot attempts, or the blank dark blue screen post the failed boot-from-DVD attempts.

I then ran Dell Diagnostics Utility, which showed me various Memory - integrity test failed error messages.

So I tried reinstalling all RAMs together, but the diagnostic utility error messages have since continued.

Help! What do I do next? What is the issue here, and how do I resolve it to get Windows 10 64bit working with 8 Gb total RAM, of 4 x 2 Gb sticks each? Is it a Windows 10 update failure? My RAM slots or cards? My total RAM capacity? My motherboard?

Help... S.O.S.

- Ronak R.

9.4K Posts

October 25th, 2016 05:00

Hi RokZRooM,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, this product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

Perhaps, if you are still having difficulties, the BIOS chip or the Motherboard may have been damaged and would need to be replaced.

2 Posts

October 25th, 2016 07:00

Thanks Robert, but I solved the issue myself. The problem happened, as I mentioned, due to Windows 10 update failure, which led to one of the RAM sticks going faulty (or probably already was). I tested all 4 RAMs one by one, found out the faulty one, replaced with new one, booted from USB Installation Media that I created earlier for Win10, and installed Win10 x64 bit, running smoothly now.

9.4K Posts

October 25th, 2016 08:00

Great!  Glad you were able to get it fixed.

Post back if you need more assistance.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!