Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2016 09:00

Memory for Inspiron 3650

Can someone tell me how much and which memory to get for my new Inspiron 3650? It has 8GB RAM, but I can't seem to find out exactly what type to buy to add more and in what configuration. I think it has 2 slots, but I am not positive. All the Dell folks I spoke with were from India or other overseas locations, and they could not comprehend what I was asking for or did not know what I needed. I'm pretty sure it's DDR3 and perhaps 1600 is the speed, but nothing I have been able to find confirms this and there is more than one type of DDR3. I'm obviously not a techie, and I very uncomfortable opening my desktop.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can help with.

July 8th, 2016 22:00

Hello Seb285

Thanks for writing to us. The system can support upto 16gb . Non-ECC dual-channel 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 8th, 2016 23:00

SEB285 

An excellent vendor for both RAM and information, is Crucial HERE:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/inspiron-3650

Bev.

July 9th, 2016 23:00

Do give us a shout should you have any questions.

2 Posts

December 22nd, 2016 02:00

Hello there,

Can you please guide me to find same 8gb ram to add it to inspiron 3650  [Admin NOTE: Service tag removed per TOU policy]

I probably need to find same model/mark of ram to work properly on pc.. Is this correct?

Many Thanks Peter Slavik

[Admin NOTE: Email ID removed per TOU policy]

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 04:00

Not having matched ram sticks may work but it is not recommended.  Its usually a problem.

2 Posts

ok thanks ,

But the question is can I add ram which manufacturer and brand is different then other.

The original is samsung M378B1G73EB0-YK0.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Peter

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

psphotou

As already posted, for compatible memory for the Inspiron 3650, go Here:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/inspiron-3650

Bev.

13 Posts

April 24th, 2017 21:00

If u have no intention in 3D rendering as you are streaming video while gaming then honestly it's fine to use different brands you don't need to go paying crazy money for ripjaws with fancy heat sinks etc you are limited to 16gb and make sure you get ddr3 Non Ecc if u have an 8gb stick already then just buy one more 8gb stick just be mindful the lower end manufacturers are just that meaning I wouldn't go for the absolute cheapest find a mid range priced brand and you'll be just fine I didn't buy the same specific matching RAM that was installed when I purchased my pc and I use it heavily for both 60fps gaming and I also stream and capture video and I've never had any type of issue and have not made it past using 10% of the capacity available

No Events found!