Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2010 13:00

Microphone problem with my XPS 420

Ever since I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my XPS 420 I have not been able to use my microphones that I can plug into the front.  I read that I need to download some drivers from Dell website in order to get them working.  I downloaded a driver for the chipset and tried to installed it but I always get this message telling me that there are no downloads and must be done in the drivers and devices.  I don't quite understand what that means or how to even install the drivers. Besides trying to install some drivers I also checked to see if the computer is finding my device when I plug it in and it does not.  I even went to the recording devices and right clicked the empty space and clicked, "show disabled devices."  Still my microphones do not show up.

I really need some help to figure how I can fix my problem with my microphones not working with my XPS 420.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 8th, 2010 08:00

Download the Vista 64 bit drivers for the audio

http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R157052.EXE

3 Posts

October 8th, 2010 15:00

Thank you very much!

1 Message

June 29th, 2016 11:00

I have exactly the same problem on my old 32-bit XPS-420 which has been upgraded from ver 7 to windows 10 and operates better than ever - except for the Logitech desk microphone that plugs into the front 3mm jack socket identified by a mic pic. I have no problem with my USB Logitech webcam and internal mic but I have tried several standalone desk mics plugged into the front. The computer fails to find the device. It does not identify it as disabled or not installed - nothing at all. It used to work but I cannot remember whether it is with 7 or win 10 that the problem started. I would now like to use the new windows cortana App for which the desktop mic would be ideal. I have tried for hours searching solutions on the web but they all say the same thing: right click on ....to no avail as there is nothing to click on. I would appreciate some other lines of trouble shooting. It also says that this device does not need a driver (Logitech mic)

No Events found!