Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2017 17:00

Migrate XPS2720 internals into XPS2710

Hi,

I have an unfortunate situation which my LG display on my XPS 2720 has died and I'm not prepared to pay Dell $1800 for a replacement LCD because it was touch.

And so, I've sourced a screen including the front cover from a non-touch XPS2710. Only problem is that its a Samsung and the mounting holes are in a different position. 

I'm finding it pretty impossible to source a replacement LG LCD so I thought the next best thing is to swap the internals over. The only issue is the the housing that the motherboard, power back, heat sink etc sit on, is for the XPS 2720 mounting. 

Does anyone know if its possible to buy the housing specific to the 2710? And from where?

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 12th, 2017 08:00

I know we never sold the housing as a spare part. So we do not have a part number for it. Perhaps you can find a seller on eBay that has disassembled a 2710 for parts?

2 Posts

December 17th, 2017 15:00

Hi Chris, the new panel I have is a Samsung P/N 2J3JT  I have narrowed it down to needing the correct metal casing/support that attaches to the display. This should then enable me to reinstall the guts of the machine.

I cannot find any reference material that would tell me what part number of bracket would attach to  1WMMT . I've found 3 on ebay but it would be good to get a Dell person that has the diagram to say which is which.

I've got: Y3DGY

7TXHY

1WMMT

Thanks

Nick

No Events found!