Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2009 00:00

Missing A bunch of drivers please help

I'm missing a bunch of drivers, from the multimedia audio controller, to the microsoft system management bios. i don't have any of the discs anymore. Any ideas?

sound isn't working, auto updates won't work and every time I try to open windows media player it errors. Please Help.

November 19th, 2009 00:00

Do not worry. You can find all kinds of driver files online for free.  Just type " Free display driver download " on Google.com you will get various sites which can provide you free driver download. Kindly reply me back if you didn't get your problem solved.

Regards,
Kristina

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 19th, 2009 04:00

We can't really help you without knowing your PC Model Number and Operating System.  There are too many different Dell models and options.  Also the info about using some non-Dell source for drivers will not always work.  Many Dell's require only Dell hardware drivers or the devices will either not work or work correctly.  Dell uses a lot of proprietary hardware.  ATI or NVIDIA cards and some SoundBlaster sound cards are an exception and can use device Vendor drivers.

However, if you did a reinstall on most Dell's the correct and required install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install chipset drivers (3) Install device drivers.  The (motherboard) chipset drivers are key to a successful installation as one of the prime things the chipset drivers do is define (identify) the devices on or attached to the motherboard.  In most cases if you attempt to install the sound drivers BEFORE you install the chipset drivers the sound device will not be found and the drivers will not install.  In almost all Dell Integrated (on the motherboard) audio systems you must use the Dell drivers and Retail or drivers from other non-Dell sources will not install.

The multimedia audio controller is part of the sound driver and when you get the sound driver properly installed it will also install the multimedia audio controller driver.

All the Dell downloads can be accessed HERE   You can either access the drivers using your Dell service tag number or by the actual model and operating system.

14 Posts

November 19th, 2009 06:00

Simply go to your manufacture web site and find "support and downloads" and click on drivers. Pick the model of the PC you have and the operating system. You can download the drivers directly from the manufacture web site. You shouldn't have any problems finding audio drivers there.

Chris

www.domainelectronics.com

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 19th, 2009 15:00

Chris, that is what I directed him to do in my response.  Wasn't it clear to you?

No Events found!