Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 21st, 2010 22:00

Monitor Black Border ATI HD4670 and ST2410 HDMI cable

There is a black border on my monitor that I just set up today 1/21/2010 from Dell that is approximately 1" all around.

The desktop is set to 1920x1080 at 60Hz

I cannot find a setting in ATI Catalyst Control Center to adjust this to full monitor width and height.  I found this post http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19309246/19620047.aspx#19620047  with this advice...

"Open the Ati Catalyst Control Center- Digital Panel Properties- Attributes- Image Scaling and enable "Scale image to full panel size"."

and have not found this device setting anywhere. 

Does anyone know the solution? Do I need to download a newer version of CCC?  Thanks

This is the set up using a HDMI cable

GIGABYTE GV-R467ZL-1GI Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125277 and the Dell ST2410

19 Posts

January 22nd, 2010 08:00

I just corrected the BLACK BORDER issue. 

In the Catalyst Control Center (CCC for short) inspect the following settings:

Right-click your desktop, and go to the Catalyst Control Center. Set it to advanced mode if it's not already.
- At the top left, click the "Graphics" menu, and then "Desktops & Displays".
- For your desired display, left click the little black triangle in the bottom part of the screen, on the LITTLE picture, not the BIG one, and click "Configure".

This part is very CRUCIAL. There is a little picture of a TINY TINY Monitor and TINY TINY Arrow  at the FAR bottom LEFT of the CCC menu. It is this LITTLE ARROW that you left click on by the button that says "Basic..." and the button that says "OK"  When you click on the little little llittle black arrow (not the Big Black Arrow in the middle of the CCC window you will get the option to click "Configure" Then the following will be available to you:

There will be 6 buttons at the top of the CCC

Attributes

Avivo Color

Scaling Options

HDTV Support

LCD Overdrive

Pixel Format

Under Attributes

- check the "Enable GPU scaling" box and select "Scale image to full panel size". Hit Apply.

Under Scaling Options

- There is a slider bar to set Underscan and Overscan. I set Overscan to 0% and everything was instantly perfect.

Click Apply

19 Posts

January 22nd, 2010 10:00

Prior to the above proceedure you may have to reduce your resolution from the native resolution of 1920x1080 at 60Hz to something smaller to gain access to the configuration options in CCC

19 Posts

January 22nd, 2010 10:00

2 Posts

January 30th, 2010 18:00

i just got a zino 400 hd , s2409w monitor and was having the same problem, i read your fix ,,it works great thanks very much......

19 Posts

January 30th, 2010 22:00

Awesome. You're welcome. I'm glad it worked!

381 Posts

January 31st, 2010 07:00

This good to know about the HDMI cable.  My experience with the DVI cable is that I have not needed to do this sort of adjustment.  But now I know what to do if I have this happen using an HDMI cable.

David

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 12th, 2010 13:00

MAXH2,

What monitor, video card, and operating system?

2 Posts

May 12th, 2010 14:00

Oh, sorry I forgot to detail that. I'm using a Dell Studio XPS 1645 with ATI 4670, Windows 7 Ultimate, and the monitor is a Sony LCD TV (1080p), model KDL-52VE5.

19 Posts

May 12th, 2010 15:00

I thought you might appreciate this link.  It is a good resource for researching the CCC and configurations.

http://forums.amd.com/game/latesttopics.cfm

Sorry I don't have more feedback for you. I'm not sure why it would be greyed out for you. Some ideas that come to mind include the proper driver installed for your Sony monitor within Windows 7 Display Settings and verifying that the CCC has detected it as well. The CCC has an option to have it check for your monitor.  Additionally I have read that others have reduced their resolution setting down from 1080 and then were able to adjust some CCC settings that were not previously available and the bring it back up to 1080 with success.  Perhaps Chris will have some more insight.

2 Posts

May 12th, 2010 21:00

Apparently I used offensive language somewhere in my post, so Dell deleted it. Here's what it said:

The "Enable GPU scaling" section is greyed out when I go there; I'm unable to make any changes. When I go to Scaling Options, I'm able to move the slider bar, but if I set it all the way to the right (0%), I have the opposite problem of black bars; the edges of the screen are cut off! I'm able to minimize the black bars to ~ 5 pixels by positioning the slider near the right end, but everything is still being scaled, so text looks bad. Any idea how I can enable the "Enable GPU scaling" option in my CCC?

I think they didn't like the word that starts with cr and rhymes with appy where I've used the word "bad" above.

8 Posts

May 21st, 2010 11:00

Thanks so much!!

This was bothering me, and I installed CCC specifically for this and could not find the overscan setting anywhere. Thanks again for pointing out where it is hiding.

I'm not sure why my Viewsonic LCD is shown as a TV, though I am using HDMI.

19 Posts

May 21st, 2010 23:00

Welcome!

June 14th, 2010 14:00

excellent post. worked like a charm.

/john

19 Posts

June 14th, 2010 18:00

Excellent! Glad to hear it worked. Thanks.

1 Message

June 19th, 2010 20:00

Thanx for the post!

No Events found!