Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 19th, 2012 11:00

Monitor Resolution

Hi there,

I jst purchased a New High speed HDMI cable (Type A) with Ethernet (Belkin, 3D, 10.2Gbps, cinema resolution-4K, Refresh rate-240Hz+). But on connection to my Dell Inspiron 545, (24" Monitor with 1920x1080 resolution, 512Mb ATI Graphics Card)), I'm totally disappointed!! The screen display has been reduced (2" black boundaries on four sides). Also the display is very blur. Also, there is no option available to adjust my monitor settings.  I'd much better experience with my regular DVI cable. Plz help me as I want to enjoy the experience full HD on my PC.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 19th, 2012 13:00

So the HDMI cable is going directly from the Ati video card HDMI out to the monitor HDMI in?

* Open the ATI Catalyst Control Center, under DTV (HDMI) 3 Scaling Options or at the bottom left hand corner there is a smaller monitor where you open the configure option
* Select 0% Over scan and click Apply

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

February 20th, 2012 11:00

That's a bugaboo with ATI's driver ... for some reason, it defaults to underscan to accomodate old-fashioned and increasingly rare analog displays.

43 Posts

February 20th, 2012 20:00

If you have one, try a DVI-D cable (not regular DVI).  A DVI-D gives a full HD signal - just the same as HDMI.  It just doesn't carry any audio.  

I'm not sure why, but the signal from my graphics card when connected through HDMI is also blurry.  But when I used a DVI-D cable it's as clear as can be.  I have a XPS 7100 with a Radeon HD 6950 video card.  I was freaked out at first when it was all blurry and I tried two different HDMI cable until someone suggested using DVI-D.  Strangley, it worked.

February 25th, 2012 11:00

Thanks chris, u directed me correctly.

No Events found!