Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2012 11:00

Monitor goes immediately into POWER SAVE MODE upon bootup

Hello and HELP!

Just unpacked a Dell Inspiron 530 I purchased in Jan. 2009 (long story). 

After hooking everything up, I turned it on. Monitor displays, just for a brief moment, just a flash really, AUTO DETECT (ANALOG INPUT) ENTERING POWER SAVE, then it turns black, and nothing I do brings it back on. 

This Inspiron only came with a VGA monitor plug. The flat screen has both a DVI and VGA plugs, and both the DVI and VGA cables. I plugged the VGA cable into the VGA plugs. 

I tried the fixes I found on this site: With pc on, unplugging VGA cable from both pc and monitor, plug back in. Disconnecting power plug from monitor, plugging back in. Upon booting, pressing F6 key. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. It's past warranty. 

I noticed when the monitor is not plugged into the pc and I turn it on, it still flashes the AUTO DETECT (ANALOG INPUT) ENTERING POWER SAVE message, and shuts down. 

Could the cable be bad? Could the video card be bad? Could the video card be set to DVI? 
I can't even get into and see the BIOS, blind without visual. The speakers are in the monitor, and no sound is coming from them. Don't know if Windows (Vista) is even launching. 

Any suggestions?

1 Message

January 2nd, 2014 03:00

I have resolved my issue. I removed the RAM from the motherboard, blew all dust out of the RAM slots, reseated the RAM, and plug it in again.

(edited)

• 

3.3K Posts

October 25th, 2012 22:00

Hi margoo,

The message “AUTO DETECT (ANALOG INPUT) ENTERING POWER SAVE” at start up indicates that the screen is fine. I request you to give some more information like if there are any lights on the tower when you turn on the system.  If there is power  LED on the tower, I suggest you to press the ‘Caps Lock’ on the keyboard and check for response.  Please check the power button    light located on the front of the computer, if it illuminates and blinks or remains

solid as these indicates different states.

Reply to this post with the status,

4 Posts

October 26th, 2012 12:00

Thanks for reply!

Power button on tower is solid

Beeps are emitting from tower, 4 beeps pause 4 beeps pause ,etc.

No response to pressing CAPS LOCK key on keyboard

After turning computer off, leaving it off for one minute or so, then turning it back on, there is no beeping. If I turn it back on immediately, there is beeping.

Thanks so much for responding to this problem.  I'll be here all day ... willing to try anything you suggest and/or give you further info./clues.

Thanks!

4 Posts

October 26th, 2012 14:00

Thanks for reply!

Power button on tower is solid blue

Beeps are emitting from tower, 4 repetitive beeps.

No response to pressing CAPS LOCK key on keyboard

After turning computer off, leaving it off for one minute or so, then turning it back on, there is no beeping. If I turn it back on immediately, there is beeping.

Thanks so much for responding to this problem.  I'll be here all day ... willing to try anything you suggest and/or give you further info./clues.

Thanks!

4 Posts

October 26th, 2012 23:00

I took memory cards out, lightly rubbed the copper with a rubber band, popped them back in, and viola, the screen came on!   Found this trick on the Kioskea web site. Thanks for responding though Sujatha!

margoo

17 Posts

May 2nd, 2013 20:00

I have the same issue.

I am not technical. How do I take memory cards out? (It sounds a very strange thing to have to do when I am just a PC user!?)

May 3rd, 2013 00:00

Hi Pacster,

Are you using the same system (Inspiron 530)?

If yes, you may refer to the Owner's manual Here for step by step instructions on how to re-seat memory.

If you are using a different system, please share the system model and elaborate the issue you are facing on the system.

Please reply with the findings. I would be glad to help you.

17 Posts

July 19th, 2013 03:00

Hi  Sundeep,

I have a Vostro 400 and have tried rebooting several times as the monitor is not leaving idle status (with the color bars floating around the screen).

The Vostro is hardly used.

How can I make the monitor active, please?

1 Message

October 6th, 2013 19:00

I have a INSPIRON 530 and am having a similar problem.  I am also using Vista.  When I leave my work and come back it will not leave the energy saving mode and then I must reboot and I loose the open emails I need to have open.

• 

3.3K Posts

October 9th, 2013 04:00

Hi JOE1COSTEL,

I understand the inconvenience. Please update video driver and check.
Click on the link below, enter the system service tag and click Submit. Select the Operating system from the drop down list to get drivers for your system model:

http://dell.to/14Xsnmd

Restart the system after the driver update and check. Let me know the status.

1 Message

February 4th, 2014 05:00

I have same problem. I turn the computer on but the screen goes right into sleep mode and shuts off. There is power to monitor but does not seem to talk to computer. All cords are in and all have power. How can I wake up my monitor and keep it on? HELP!!!!!

June 25th, 2015 04:00

Yeah i tried it and it woked.... thankx to u

1 Message

April 24th, 2016 21:00

This actually worked!!!

May 27th, 2016 04:00

You took the memory card out of the monitor..? What memory card are you removing...I have no memory card plugged in to my monitor.... No SD Card. I am new to all this.  Sorry. So I would like to know if you don't have a memory card in the monitor are you referring to memory cards located in monitor? If so where would those be located?

2 Posts

July 28th, 2016 13:00

It could be motherboard problem,i just faced similar problems(ASUS motherboard),1 of the 2 mofset near Graphics card was the cause of my monitor going in Power saving mode.It was making graphics card shut down.Firstly i thought to change the slot of Graphics card but then went to technician,he rectified it and now its working fine.

No Events found!