Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2009 12:00

Motherboard

Hi i've got dimension 9200 and i think i need a new motherboard does anyone know where i can get a new one? Many thanks Peter

62 Posts

October 9th, 2009 13:00

I'm not sure what country your in but have you tried here http://www.hardwarespares.com/dimension.htm

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 9th, 2009 13:00

peter640 

You can buy a replacement Dimension 9200 motherboard from HERE

Bev.

12 Posts

October 9th, 2009 22:00

Actually you should be able to use any BTX motherboard.  You might want to look around at what features you want and what deals you can get.  Ebay and Amazon have some other BTX boards.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 10th, 2009 10:00

Actually you should be able to use any BTX motherboard.  You might want to look around at what features you want and what deals you can get.  Ebay and Amazon have some other BTX boards.

That is not correct, both the Dimension 9200 motherboard and case have proprietary features, plus if a non-Dell motherboard is used, a new retail, or OEM copy of windows will be required, as Dell's OEM copies are tied to their BIOS and will not activate.

Bev.

4 Posts

October 10th, 2009 11:00

Hi

I live in the UK - I did get it working but I am getting lines across the monitor from the Dell boot up screen all the way to the desktop.

I have put a new graphics card in which was working fine but the lines have come back - does anyone know what this might be or how

to solve the problem.  Could it be the mother board??

4 Posts

October 11th, 2009 11:00

Hi

I live in the UK - I did get it working but I am getting lines across the monitor from the Dell boot up screen all the way to the desktop.

I have put a new graphics card in which was working fine but the lines have come back - does anyone know what this might be or how

to solve the problem.  Could it be the motherboard?

12 Posts

October 11th, 2009 16:00

You could try a couple of things to narrow down the possibilities.  Try your computer on a different monitor also try a different screen refresh rate on your monitor.  Make sure your graphics card is completely inserted in its slot. 

No Events found!