Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2013 18:00

My Desktop Wont turn on!!!

I got it custom built, about a year ago. For about 2 months I didn't touch it (June & May) because I needed a new monitor. I got one recently, so I went to try it out and my computer wont turn on. I pressed the power button, nothing. No sound, lights, fans, nothing. I unpluged and repluged it several times, from different outlets and power surge protectors. I have tried it with just the power plug in. This desktop cost me some 500 bucks so please help. I cant send specs, im doing this on my mothers laptop.  

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 24th, 2013 21:00

I got it custom built, about a year ago. For about 2 months I didn't touch it (June & May) because I needed a new monitor. I got one recently, so I went to try it out and my computer wont turn on. I pressed the power button, nothing. No sound, lights, fans, nothing. I unpluged and repluged it several times, from different outlets and power surge protectors. I have tried it with just the power plug in. This desktop cost me some 500 bucks so please help. I cant send specs, im doing this on my mothers laptop.  

NovaStorm970

Need to know the computer model and the version of windows, that is installed.

Bev.

1.3K Posts

June 24th, 2013 21:00

Hi Novastorm970,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Since you mentioned that the system is a custom-built one (which may imply it is not a Dell), we recommend you contact a local technician to help you determine the exact point of failure.  There is absolutely no power indication hence the issue could also be with the power supply itself.

Two steps you could try are to connect the tower to a known good power outlet bypassing the UPS/Spike buster and swap the monitor power cable with the tower power cable and then vice-versa. If it works, replace the Power Cable only.

However, in case the system is a Dell, let us know the system model and operating system. If it is not a Dell, the best option would be to get the system checked and repaired by a certified technician.

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

June 27th, 2013 05:00

Hi Novastorm90,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

No Events found!