Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2013 20:00

My Facebook account apparently is not compatible with my new Dell Inspiron One 2330

I have a new Dell Inspiron One 2330 touch desktop with Windows 8; this week, a computer technician connected the computer/printer/wifi for me and installed Facebook.  Does Dell control what one can do with Facebook?  I can no longer add photos to my FB photo albums, cannot share my photos on a FB friend's page, cannot copy/paste, cannot make a comment with my photos nor see the comments that I have accumulated over the years, cannot change the privacy of my photo albums, cannot rearrange my photos/photo albums, etc.  I have tried to delete this current FB account and install a new FB account; however, I get a message saying I need a new email address....I don't want another email address as this is the one all my contacts use.  HELP!  My new computer is no longer enjoyable, and neither is Facebook.  Are there different Facebooks to install or just one? How can I get a toolbar like the one I see above  for my FB account so that I can format my text?  Thank you for any help.  Evelyn Drown

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

February 15th, 2013 20:00

I thought Facebook was a Web app? And Dell doesn't control what you do with your own PC.

Perhaps this tech did something funky with your Facebook privacy settings.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

February 16th, 2013 15:00

Facebook and Many Many other things DO NOT WORK.

To get this working again Download Firefox 18 and install in the DESKTOP Screen.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Then install JAVA in the DESKTOP Screen.

If you have 64 bit windows you will have to install BOTH 32 bit and 64 Bit Java

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/win8_faq.xml

Then install FLASH in the DESKTOP Screen.

http://www.adobe.com/flash

145 Posts

February 16th, 2013 15:00

I'm not sure what you mean by "install Facebook,' as there is no native Facebook app for Windows.

1 Message

February 20th, 2013 18:00

The Facebook app for Win 8 is basically the phone app. It does not have all the FB features.  Go to FB through your browser. You will find what you have missed in the app.  You can "pin" the web version to a new tile in your start screen if you wish.  

August 14th, 2013 23:00

The above problem has been solved.  However, I have another problems.

Thanks, Ravi!  I am now able to upload photos from Picture Gallery on my wireless Dell 2330 desktop to Facebook.  Now I have another problems.  I cannot scan a photo on my wireless Dell V725W all-in-one printer to Picture Gallery on my wireless Dell 2330 desktop.  I think I need an app or a software as I had with my previous Dell desktop; I think software's name was "Launch Printer Home," which was installed on my desktop when I purchased it new from Dell.  I am using Windows 8, and my  [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy].  Thanks for helping me.  Evelyn Drown, [Admin Note: Personal Information Removed]

No Events found!