Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 09:00

NEW.. Any and all concerns about the new XPS 435/8000/9000

Please feel free to post any concerns, problems, delivery delays etc.

452 Posts

October 28th, 2009 21:00

Hi there ~

My one and only concern is static in the headphone jack on top of the machine.  It's not a *dire* concern, because I do have alternatives available, but I was wondering if anyone had found a fix for it.

Thanks for starting a new thread, Jon.  Good to "see" you again.  :emotion-5:

Margi,

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your sound card??

452 Posts

Can you overclock the XPS 9000 ?

No, I don't think you can..

452 Posts

Thanks for starting the new thread.

My Studio XPS 8000 is currently in In Production Limbo with an estimated delivery date of 10/26 11/2 11/9 :emotion-9:

I can't wait to get it - it sounds like you guys really like your new computers.

Hang in there Rob, it''s worth the wait!!

24 Posts

October 29th, 2009 01:00

Margi,

Have you uploaded the latest drivers for your sound card??

Yep.  I even downloaded 'em, too!  And installed 'em.  :emotion-5:  And still, I have some static.  I think when I've got a free moment or ten, I'll open the case and see if I can see any loose connections.  Have you any other ideas?   I'm certainly willing to try just about anything. 

BTW, your desk is GORGEOUS.  And I love the cute pup pics on your screens, too.  I just love seeing where people make the magic happen, so thanks for sharing your pics, Jon and Wayne!

M

100 Posts

October 29th, 2009 04:00

A question about the "disk activity" LED...

...where is it?  I don't think mine works.  The 435T/9000 is otherwise rock-solid, so I won't call support (it is probably just unplugged inside the case), but where is the drive-activity LED located on the case?

Configuration: Bare-bones XPS Studio 435T/9000, ordered 9/11, received 10/2.

13 Posts

October 29th, 2009 05:00

Hey has anyone had issues getting their Windows 7 upgrade-  I ordered mine on 10/22 and still do not have a status for shipment.

just wondering- thanks

4 Posts

October 29th, 2009 07:00

I got my XPS 8000 (i7 870) within one week (to Switzerland), one week earlier than promised initially.

I have a question about weird bios settings though, see my thread titled "Strange BIOS setting in new XPS 8000 (i7 870 CPU)".

445 Posts

October 29th, 2009 07:00

A question about the "disk activity" LED...

...where is it?  I don't think mine works.  The 435T/9000 is otherwise rock-solid, so I won't call support (it is probably just unplugged inside the case), but where is the drive-activity LED located on the case?

Configuration: Bare-bones XPS Studio 435T/9000, ordered 9/11, received 10/2.

It's there, but very hard to see. It is about a inch to  the left of the power button/light. You almost have to be looking straight down to see it and then have good eyesight. That's about the only thing I don't like about the case design.

Wayne

35 Posts

October 29th, 2009 08:00

Ciro392,
I got a couple of new developments up since my order was received on 10/22, first on 10/26 the web site was updated with the information that my package was shipped, second an email confirming it was shipped on 10/27, with an UPS tracking number, then today 10/29 the UPS site shows the package changed from the original processing UPS facility to the one closer to my home. So I hope I would get it today or tomorrow.

24 Posts

October 29th, 2009 09:00

Hey has anyone had issues getting their Windows 7 upgrade-  I ordered mine on 10/22 and still do not have a status for shipment.

just wondering- thanks

Hey Ciro,

I ordered mine 10/24 and just yesterday they changed the status - but only to say that my "estimated ship date" would be 10/30.  I'm not holding my breath.  :emotion-2:

452 Posts

October 29th, 2009 10:00

[quote user="jjon90"]Have you tried another set of headphones?

Indeed I have.  I have one set of Ear Candy buds I use most often, and a headset/microphone combo I use sometimes for voice rec software.  Both register static.

[/quote]

Did you get the upgraded sound card or on-board?  Is there a jack in the back you can try?

24 Posts

Have you tried another set of headphones?

Indeed I have.  I have one set of Ear Candy buds I use most often, and a headset/microphone combo I use sometimes for voice rec software.  Both register static.

49 Posts

today 10/29 the UPS site shows the package changed from the original processing UPS facility to the one closer to my home. So I hope I would get it today or tomorrow

I was in a very similar boat as you other than getting the emails, but hey you can't have it all.  Mine has since been updated to show that the information has been passed to USPS for processing.  That was at 10 am this morning.  I am hopeful that it comes tomorrow.  I guess I know what I am doing this weekend :emotion-1:

49 Posts

I just found something that my be of interest.  On the Dell Windows 7 page there is an order number.  If you take that order number and enter it here you can track your package.  I only point this out as sometimes the updates to the Dell site are a little behind.  Not sure what you will find, if anything, but I thought I would share.

452 Posts

[quote user="jjon90"]

Margi,

Have you uploaded the latest drivers for your sound card??

Yep.  I even downloaded 'em, too!  And installed 'em.  :emotion-5:  And still, I have some static.  I think when I've got a free moment or ten, I'll open the case and see if I can see any loose connections.  Have you any other ideas?   I'm certainly willing to try just about anything. 

BTW, your desk is GORGEOUS.  And I love the cute pup pics on your screens, too.  I just love seeing where people make the magic happen, so thanks for sharing your pics, Jon and Wayne!

M

[/quote]

Have you tried another set of headphones?

No Events found!