Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 09:00

NEW.. Any and all concerns about the new XPS 435/8000/9000

Please feel free to post any concerns, problems, delivery delays etc.

261 Posts

November 2nd, 2009 05:00

Well I went to check on my Call Status since I saw my system was signed for and now the Service Tag search for open tickets gives me an error and the Service Tag shows as invalid. I guess this means my 435T is no longer in service but does little to tell me about the Studio XPS 9000 replacement I will be getting which kind of makes me nervous given some of the delay threads I'm seeing on the 8000 and 9000 PC's, has anyone else returned a PC for exchange and know how the process proceeds? Thanks.............

261 Posts

November 2nd, 2009 14:00

Oh my, just saw what they are building to replace my 435T, it's in production................

28 Posts

November 2nd, 2009 18:00

There are major issues with shipping and Dell's customer service.  Have a look here, howvever, the thread is being censored by the mods:http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19301335/19581145.aspx#19581145

261 Posts

November 3rd, 2009 14:00

Well I went to my Oncology Physical Therapy Class and when I returned home the replacement for my old Studiao XPS 435T came, the old system was:

DELL Studio 435T i7 965 3.2 GHz Extreme Edition, 9 Gb RAM, 1.5 Tb SATA and a Patriot Warp V.3 256 Gb SSD, DVD/RW and Blu-ray/RW combo drive, 1000/NIC and 1505 wireless, X-Fi Extreme Soundblaster, Bose Surround Sound 5.1 speakers, LifeCam VX 3000 VidCam, Logitech Wireless Desktop Kb and Mouse, Bamboo Pen Tablet,  ATI Radeon 4870 1024 driving a Vizio 37" HDTV using  Optical Toslink from the X-Fi Extreme Sound Card  on Vista 64 Premium also have Pioneer SE-DIR 800C Wireless Dolby DTS Headphones the new one will be listed in my sig line momentarily.......... I can't believe this machine!

452 Posts

November 3rd, 2009 16:00

fishnbanjo,

The word Oncology scares the heck out of me, hope you're doing fine.

My question is do you miss the solid state drive??

261 Posts

November 3rd, 2009 16:00

Yeah it scares me too sometimes as I came home from my camp in June 2008 for a minor procedure and ended up having a bone marrow biopsy done followed by a kidney biopsy which ended up in kidney failure and a 1 month hospital stay with a diagnosis of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (Mantle Cell Lymphoma a non curable form).

Followed by Chemotherapy and a slew of meds which in some ways made me sicker than I was but the 2 times a week Oncology Physical therapy Classes have done loads for my energy, physical and mental being I need them to get through the week.

I love that SSD and was considering placing my Windows 7 upgrade on it and moving one of the 1.5 Tb's into an external enclosure but don't know if I'm better off using an eSATA cable of USB 2.0, heck at least I'm busy again and not thinking about how I feel! :emotion-5:

445 Posts

November 3rd, 2009 17:00

I finally threw in the towel on the Windows 7 upgrade and sent the discs back to Microsoft for a refund. I had 12 days and many attemps and hang ups at 62%. It never got past that. I did everything the advisor and MIcrosoft said to and then some with no luck. I will wait 6 months or so until Microsoft gets the cracks filled in on the upgrade and try it again. What is really strange is I have helped 2 other people do the Windows 7 upgrade with out any problems. one HP computer and 1 Dell, but not a 435T/9000. The HP took 52 minutes without a hitch the Dell 65 minutes. I see on one forum a person from Germany and another from Spain with the same 62% hang up problem, so it doesn't matter what kind of computer you have or where you live. Microsoft has a problem that they are not in too big a hurry to correct. There were even a few who are having problems with the clean install. I helped my niece setup her laptop that has Windows 7 on it for wireless last night and I really like how it sets up networks. Very easy compaired to Vista or XP. Speed wise, I didn't see that much difference. Good luck to all on the upgrade. I may just have a wierd machine.

Wayne

12 Posts

November 4th, 2009 00:00

Well it looks like Dell has once again delayed my XPS8000.  The sad thing is I'm not even surprised anymore.   The estimated delivery date has gone from 10/26 to 11/2 to 11/9 to 11/16.   I don't know what to do.  Should I keep waiting (I've already waited this long - I keep thinking, maybe it will ship today) or should I try to cancel my order (from the sounds of it, not necessarily an easy process)?

8 Posts

November 4th, 2009 01:00

I just got a lovely 4:00am email from Dell telling me that I won't be receiving my XPS8000 on time. I've ordered from Dell many time. I've never had to wait longer then a two day build and 3-5 days ship. I've already waited 2 weeks, now another 2? (If it even shows up). Get those hamsters running Dell or you'll put yourself out of business.

Anyone have any official word about this? My email said literally nothing except "Sorry, we stink" pretty much.

13 Posts

November 4th, 2009 03:00

Hi,

I've been running an XPS 8000 with Windows 7 for just over a week.

My biggest problem, aside from some known Windows 7 bugs, is that the system will not allow me to use all of my RAM which is annoying because that was the whole point of upgrading to 64 bit!

My system arrived witg 4GB RAM but only shows 2GB as being usable with the rest reserved for hardware by the BIOS.

Tech support have been unable to resolve the problem and have said Dell need to release a new BIOS with memory re-mapping (it currently doesn't include this feature).

In the meantime I have had to upgrade to 8GB to give me some headroom but it still only shows 4GB as being usable.

If you're thinking of buying hold off until this is fixed!!!!!

Sean

12 Posts

November 4th, 2009 05:00

I've decided to cancel my order, somewhat reluctantly because I really thought I would like the computer... but just thinking about the customer service makes me mad.  I'm going to call as soon as the phone line opens.  I really hate how I seem to be on a weekly delay schedule and they have absolutely no information or else are just plain lying.  Really awful job, Dell!  But I'm just preaching to the choir now.

261 Posts

November 4th, 2009 08:00

Until yesterday this is how my 435T was setup but it had serious enough issues that Tier II of DELL Support decided to replace it so it got shipped back yesterday and is being replaced with a new build 9000 although I don't know how it will be configured, my old system is listed in my sig line.

Happy to say it looks like this again and in about a week one of the 1.5 Tb will be living in an eSATA enclosure (with option to use USB 2.0 connection) and will be an external drive for photo processing, the 2nd 1.5 Tb will be partitioned for Ubuntu and its swap files and an enclosure is enroute that will allow me to use the 256 Gb SSD in the floppy expansion slot as a quick release drive, i.e. an on the fly drive which will be the W7 64 Ultimate partition, this is one heck of a machine!

November 4th, 2009 09:00

I'm also having delivery delays issue with my XPS 8000 :

Placed order on 08/10/2009.

On the my account page, it show Ship Date 23/10/2009 but if I went to the support > Order Status page it saids Estimated Delivery Date 23/10/2009.

I called customer service on 23/10/2009 at 9am, they told me it would ship in the day. On 26/10/2009, order was not shipped. I called and been told that it would ship within the week (before or on 30/10/2009). I also wrote an email to customer service to ask about an ETA and why was my order delayed.

On 29/10/2009, I received a reply from customer service telling me that my order would ship on or before 11/16/2009!

On 30/10/2009  I called customer service twice... On the first time I asked whats going on and been told that the order should ship  on 23/10/2009... I had to explain to the rep that this was last week then he hanged up on me.... ( I was really friend on the phone, never been rude!) Called back, been fowarded 2 times, each time having to give my order number then explaining that I would like to have a ETA, on the 3rd rep, I've been told that it would ship on november 2nd.

On 03/11/2009, I called customer service again. Been hanged up once after I've gave my order number and asked about delivery delay. Called back : I've been told that there currently no ETA! I asked if it would ship this week, next month or next year and the rep told me that they don't have a clue! How inexcusable is this!! I asked if at least they could ship using next day delivery went they'll be able to ship. The rep was really rude and incomprehensive.

This morning (04/11/2009), I tried a little experiment : Live chat with sales support. Here's the log... Rep name was removed to ensure that my reply is not deleted.

8:09:40 AM     Customer   Elie 
Initial Question/Comment: I've heard there's some delivery issues with studio XPS 8000. If I order one, whats the expected delivery date?
 8:09:50 AM     System   System 
You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
 8:09:50 AM     System   System 
Connected with CA SALES
 8:09:50 AM     Agent   CA SALES
Thank you for choosing Dell Canada Chat sales and Finance. My name is (*****) ,my sales rep ID is (****) , I’ll be your personal sales advisor today, please allow me a moment while I go over your inquiry; you can check this link for today's hot deals., Also please check for the Free Internet service available in your area.
 8:09:55 AM     Agent   CA SALES 
 8:10:01 AM     Agent   CA SALES 
Good Morning
 8:10:06 AM     Agent   CA SALES
Approximately it will take 10-15 business days for you to receive the computer..
 8:10:30 AM     Customer   Elie 
so if I order today I should receive it by november 20th?
 8:11:21 AM     Agent   CA SALES
15 business days is like 24th or 25th approximately
 8:12:01 AM     Customer   Elie 
ok. Is there any chance it will be delayed? As i'm moving out and need to get it before moving...
 8:13:36 AM     Customer   Elie 
?
 8:13:51 AM     Agent   CA SALES
We have not heard of any delays on it
 8:14:01 AM     Agent   CA SALES
But if there is any we will communicate to you
 8:14:26 AM     Customer   Elie 
ok... well if you didnt heard of any delays maybe you should read your forums...
 8:14:29 AM     Customer   Elie 
thanks for the info!
 8:14:32 AM     Customer   Elie 
have a nice day!

I'm getting sick and tired of being fooled around and beeing told false ETA...

Really thinking about cancelling my order and stop doing business with Dell...

Repost as my previous post has been deleted by Dell's rep ...

Those of  you considering canceling should check out the latest issue of Consumer reports. It rates Desktops with some surprising results..:emotion-40:

What surprise? Can you give us a little bit more info?

452 Posts

Those of  you considering canceling should check out the latest issue of Consumer reports. It rates Desktops with some surprising results..:emotion-40:

No Events found!