pollock77
2 Iron

Re: NEW.. Any and all concerns about the new XPS 435/8000/9000

Can you overclock the XPS 9000 ?

0 Kudos
margilowry
2 Bronze

Pictured:  The APC UPS which is now the worlds' most expensive surge protector; dirty carpet, foot stool and foot pedal.

Proud owner of a 50-Foot Tall Studio XPS 9000!  [H]

0 Kudos
margilowry
2 Bronze

From the iPhone camera -

0 Kudos
lynne4270
3 Zinc

Fits a little tight

Wayne

0 Kudos
terryoregon
2 Iron

Now that's what I'm talking about.  Keep the photos coming - Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos
MnJS
1 Copper

I won't repost everything, my system specs are in my profile.

I ordered an XPS 9000 on 10/23/09.  Original expected delivery date was 11/11/09 (Salutes to the Vets).  This was pushed back to 11/19/09, but after a quick e-mail to Dell Customer Service I was upgraded to Next Business Day delivery for free.  Current expected delivery date is 11/16/09...not too bad I must say.

*Update* - Over lunch I received a call from Dell Customer Service informing me the Expediting Team has confirmed no shortage of the parts for my machine (YMMV) and that I will soon receive an e-mail with a little more info on delivery schedule.  My computer is somewhere (is it wrong to assume it's not Austin?) being put together, so this is good news.  I'll keep everyone up to date on my experience.

- Pogostick

I also ordered a new XPS 9000 system, though it was on 10/20/09.  My EST arrival date is 11/16.  Seems like an awfully long time!  Could you let us know who you e-mailed and what you said?  I send an e-mail yesterday afternoon using the on-line form asking about any delays, but still haven't heard anything back.

jjon90
3 Argentium

Can you overclock the XPS 9000 ?

No, I don't think you can..

0 Kudos
jjon90
3 Argentium

Thanks for starting the new thread.

My Studio XPS 8000 is currently in In Production Limbo with an estimated delivery date of 10/26 11/2 11/9 emoticon.Crying.title

I can't wait to get it - it sounds like you guys really like your new computers.

Hang in there Rob, it''s worth the wait!!

0 Kudos
jjon90
3 Argentium

Hi there ~

My one and only concern is static in the headphone jack on top of the machine.  It's not a *dire* concern, because I do have alternatives available, but I was wondering if anyone had found a fix for it.

Thanks for starting a new thread, Jon.  Good to "see" you again.  emoticon.Wink.title

Margi,

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your sound card??

0 Kudos
margilowry
2 Bronze

Margi,

Have you uploaded the latest drivers for your sound card??

Yep.  I even downloaded 'em, too!  And installed 'em.  emoticon.Wink.title  And still, I have some static.  I think when I've got a free moment or ten, I'll open the case and see if I can see any loose connections.  Have you any other ideas?   I'm certainly willing to try just about anything. 

BTW, your desk is GORGEOUS.  And I love the cute pup pics on your screens, too.  I just love seeing where people make the magic happen, so thanks for sharing your pics, Jon and Wayne!

M

0 Kudos