Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 21st, 2006 19:00

NO Audio after reformatting a Dimension 8400

Well this is a fine kettle of fish!  I cant find the drivers via the web, and I can't find em here!!!!!
HELP!!!!!!
I have a dimension 8400 that I had to reformat the drives on and now I cant get it to play anything!!!!
ANY Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 21st, 2006 21:00

First you probably didn't install the chipset drivers. They should have been installed 2nd, after the operating system and before installing any devices such as the audio.

The Dell downloads, which have the drivers, can be accessed by clicking on Technical Support at the top of this page. Follow the on-screen info to access the downloads.

10 Posts

October 21st, 2006 21:00

Sorry to say that I tried that and nadda, I did find a CREATIVE Auto Anylizer tool on their site and am going to gie that a whirl....gotta say thought I am dissapointed that Dell would not have a better listing of Drivers ETC for the Dimenson 8400 with the order they should be installed etc..:smileymad:

Guess they are too busy playing HALO2 or something hahahaahaha!!!

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 22nd, 2006 08:00

You must have the SB Audigy 2ZS. Usually you need the Dell version of the drivers for the custom OEM Dell SB boards. But, many have reported success installing the Retail drivers from www.soundblaster.com

Install the chipset drivers first, then the SB drivers.

As far as install sequence, my Dell users manual lists the order, (1) Operating System (2) Chipset Drivers (3) device drivers (e.g. audio) (4) applications programs (5) restore user data (6) reinstall peripherals (e.g. printer).

10 Posts

October 22nd, 2006 11:00

:smileyvery-happy: BINGO!!!!  The cure was found here on:

Great site easy to navigate and only took afew moments before Barry Manalow....I mean OH CRUD...secrets out...well anyway, thaks for all the help, now on to conqure trying to get my X51V to sync up!!  Microsquish has taken down the active sync site and I cant find the darned program anyway!!!:robotmad:

Your assistance was very timely and thanks again so much!!!!!

1 Message

March 22nd, 2008 13:00

There it is! Thanks so much for the Creative Link. I recently reformatted by Dimension 8400 hard drive and could not get any sound from the card or the monitor attached speakers. My system has a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1 and IEEE 1394.

Device Manager did not show any hardware conflicts, but the constant hum from the speakers indicated that something was certainly in conflict.

I went back through the recommended driver installation sequence with no success. I updated the BIOS with no success. I uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers multiple times. I also turned off integrated audio in the BIOS. None of these steps corrected the issue.

The driver download from Creative http://www.soundblaster.com/language.asp?sDestUrl=/support/downloads/su.aspfinally solved the issue.

Message Edited by JohnRD on 03-22-2008 10:47 AM
No Events found!