Highlighted

Need advice, Plzz Help

Jump to solution

Hi all,    I need to know which motherboard my 6 month old XPS 730 has in it, I built it through Dell's 'Alienware' line of  gaming PCs, it's still in a regular XPS730 PC case, I just got a much better machine for actually less money. I cannot find anywhere the motherboard Dell put in my 730, I used sandra Pro for a full report on the hardware but where it show's chipset and motherboard info it only shows a line of question marks (???). we have looked on the board itself but nothing there as of yet.

Also, I recently purchased a second GTX - 280 for the same machine, it installed fine and it's running in SLI now along with an nVidia GTX 280 that came from Dell, but the second GTX 280 was made by xFx, under settings there's the option for operating in SLI so I figure both cards are running as they should even tho each are made by different companies, same chip I think. How can I know if both GTX cards are working properly as I'm hoping they are in SLI ?

tia

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JMICHAEL
4 Beryllium

Re: Need advice, Plzz Help

Jump to solution

You could try some other software such as CPUID or BELARC or EVEREST to see if it will identify it. 

As long as you have the same Nvidia GPU such as the GTX 280 with the same VRam on each, the brand or vendor does not matter as they will work together in SLI.  You can always check your frame rates using Fraps with known games that benefit from SLI to see if they are in line with what they should be.

• Dell Dimension 4600, P4 2.66 GHZ, 320GB SATA HD, Nvidia 6200, Vista Home Premium 32-bit
  • Dell Optiplex GX280, P4 3.2 GHZ, 80GB SATA HD, Windows XP 32-bit
  • Dell Inspiron 530, Q6600 Quad, 500GB HD, Vista Home Premium 32-bit
  • Custom Build, Q6600 Quad, (2) 500GB SATA HDs, 4GB Ram, EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC, Corsair 650TX PSU, DVD RW, DVD Blu-ray, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

1 Reply
JMICHAEL
4 Beryllium

Re: Need advice, Plzz Help

Jump to solution

You could try some other software such as CPUID or BELARC or EVEREST to see if it will identify it. 

As long as you have the same Nvidia GPU such as the GTX 280 with the same VRam on each, the brand or vendor does not matter as they will work together in SLI.  You can always check your frame rates using Fraps with known games that benefit from SLI to see if they are in line with what they should be.

• Dell Dimension 4600, P4 2.66 GHZ, 320GB SATA HD, Nvidia 6200, Vista Home Premium 32-bit
  • Dell Optiplex GX280, P4 3.2 GHZ, 80GB SATA HD, Windows XP 32-bit
  • Dell Inspiron 530, Q6600 Quad, 500GB HD, Vista Home Premium 32-bit
  • Custom Build, Q6600 Quad, (2) 500GB SATA HDs, 4GB Ram, EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC, Corsair 650TX PSU, DVD RW, DVD Blu-ray, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit