Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2015 11:00

Need bios file .bin to flash the bios

Hi 

I need bios file for Dell optiplex 390  mih61r  motherboard to flash the bios because the desktop can't boot  then i need bios.bin or bios.rom file to flash it by technician and need it fast

thank you...

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 13th, 2015 11:00

Dell doesn't distribute bios binary images with a separate flash utility.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

April 14th, 2015 12:00

Have you tried resetting the existing version of BIOS by removing the motherboard battery and pressing / holding the power button for ~30 sec, before reinstalling the battery?

Always power off, unplug and press / hold power button for ~15 sec before working inside the case.

April 14th, 2015 14:00

I do that but can't boot up

the technician tell me the bios need to flash but he don't have .bin file i search in the internet but can't find it.

thank you for reply ^_^

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

April 14th, 2015 16:00

What happens when you try to boot this PC?

• Do you get an error message?
  • What color is power button and is it steady or blinking?
  • Do any of the 4 diagnostic LEDs near power button stay on when it won't boot?
    Be sure to match both LED pattern and color of power button when looking up error codes in the manual, starting on page 69

And as Speedstep already said, Dell doesn't provide .bin files for BIOS.

April 15th, 2015 02:00

• Do you get an error message?
  • there is no message
  • What color is power button and is it steady or blinking?
  • Orange , steady

• Do any of the 4 diagnostic LEDs near power button stay on when it won't boot? 
  • All LEDs stay off

thank you...

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 15th, 2015 06:00

Solid Orange Power Button is Dead Motherboard.

You will have to replace it.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

April 15th, 2015 10:00

You can try stripping it down to bare essentials by removing all PCI cards and all RAM except the one in slot A1, disconnect all drives except boot hard drive. Then clear BIOS by removing battery and pressing / holding power button for ~30 sec. Reinstall battery and try to boot with only mouse, monitor and keyboard connected.

Be sure to connect monitor to the onboard video port if you removed the add-in video card (assuming you have an add-in card).

If stripping it down helps, you can add hardware back a bit at a time to see if you can ID a bad component. If stripping it doesn't help, SpeedStep may be right that the motherboard failed...

2 Posts

December 19th, 2015 16:00

run the .exe compatible with your bios and go to %temp% folder, there you will find the .bin BIOS file

No Events found!