Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2016 06:00

Need the ROM of bricked BIOS

Well i have a problem, i was upgrading my bios and then it bricked. But i have people who know how to reflash the bios, but awuful in the page of dell the BIOS appear as an .EXE, i need the binary file to reprogram the CMOS

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;fileId=3192289774&osCode=W764&productCode=alienware-aurora&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI&DCP=DNDTAG

Can some of you help me to get that file??

Thanks.

91 Posts

January 8th, 2016 08:00

Well i have a problem, i was upgrading my bios and then it bricked. But i have people who know how to reflash the bios, but awuful in the page of dell the BIOS appear as an .EXE, i need the binary file to reprogram the CMOS

Have you tried contacting Dell about this?

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

January 8th, 2016 08:00

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;fileId=3192289774&osCode=W764&productCode=alienware-aurora&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI&DCP=DNDTAG

Can some of you help me to get that file??

Thanks.

Dell doesn't provide the binary file.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 8th, 2016 10:00

Have you tried clearing BIOS?

1. Power off, unplug
  2. Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
  3. Open case and remove motherboard battery
  4. Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
  5. Reinstall battery (right-side-up!)
  6. Close case and try to boot now

20 Posts

January 8th, 2016 11:00

Yes i tried to do this but, i think my motherboard is bricked.

And the only solution i have is obtain that binary file, and dell, well i´m triyin to get in contact with they through this post.

19 Posts

January 8th, 2016 12:00

Download the BIOS file for your model on a running computer. In a command window, locate the file and run "[file.exe] /writeromfile" and you'll get the ROM file. For example, for O7020A01.exe, type

O7020A01.exe /writeromfile

You'll get a new file named O7020A01.rom, which is probably what you're looking for. This parameter won't work with all BIOS files... you can try /writeoemfile to get the *.oem file instead.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 8th, 2016 12:00

This is not the way to contact Dell Tech Support. This is only a users forum.

Go here. If you're not in USA, make sure to select your country or region at the lower right corner of that page.

EDIT: Link updated

No Events found!