Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2007 19:00

Need to identify video card to find driver

I have a video card from a Dell (Demension, I think) computer that I need a driver for. I don't have the system unit, so I don't have aservice tag number.
The video card has these numbers on it:

CN-0H3823-69702-5AO-0663
P/N  102A2590401 000004
S/N  260543000663

Thanks for any help with this. -Mark

2 Posts

I don't have the computer here. The video card was sent to me to replace a bad card in a Dell Demension, but the two video cards are not the same. The problem is that the application software is only qualified for use with tested hardware. I know that the old card I have has been qualified for use with the application, I just need to figure out some way to indentify the card so I can find the correct driver.

12.1K Posts

What is your computers model number  ?  Than we can help

To find the Model number to your system:

Click on Start  >  Find and click on Help and Support  >  Find and click on Computer Information on the upper left side of the Help and Support box.  You will now see your systems Model number right under where it says "Dell Computer Corporation.   It should read some thing like Dimm 4400 or Dim E520 or maybe Dim 2400.  Some thing like this.  This Help and Support section you are on also shows how much memory you have, your Service Tag number and CPU. 

http://majorgeeks.com/Belarc_Advisor_d1385.html    Free small program that will show you all that is on your system.  Download this, run it and make a print out of it and keep it safe for later use

To find the model number of your video card:

Right click your mouse on an empty space on the desktop ( monitors blank area )  >  Click next on Properties  >  Click next on Settings  >  Click next on Advanced  >  Now finally click on Adaptor.  Just below from the top of that box you will see Adaptor Type.  This is your video cards model number

12.1K Posts

March 28th, 2007 20:00

You cannot post the s/n to your system here.  This is a User to User forum and not a way to contact Dell.  Call them
No Events found!