Highlighted
sxb603
1 Copper

Need to restart to get back audio

Hi 

I have a Dell XPS 8700 desktop connected via HDMI and Upstream cable to the DEll UZ2315H Monitor - which has integrated webcam , speaker and mic. 

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium OS - 64 bit. Since yesterday , whenever the computer goes into sleep mode and I log back in - the audio stops playing .  I need to restart the computer every time to get the audio back . I tried calling the dell tech support - and the problem is not solved after 1 hour on the call. 

Can any of you experts please solve this ASAP! Last time this forum post really helped.  

ANd one other thing - can someone please improve the service quality of your tech support!!! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Need to restart to get back audio

I am not sure if you are doing this, but you should have music playing and allow the system to go into sleep mode. Doing this will conflict with the software playing the music.

I would start by disconnecting the monitor USB upstream cable from the XPS 8700 USB port. Then, plug external speakers directly into the XPS 8700 audio out jack on the rear of the chassis. Then re-test.
* Click Start- Turn Off Computer- Turn Off
* Turn the system on
* Test play an MP3
* Stop playing the MP3

* Click Start- Turn Off Computer- Restart
* Test play an MP3
* Stop playing the MP3

* Allow the system to go into sleep mode, wake it up
* Test play an MP3

0 Kudos