Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2010 07:00

New Alienware after bios A08 update No boot No bios Blank screen

HI

I have just received my new Aurora (i920, radeon5970,6gigs DDR, 2to raid HD).

Dell update tool asked me to update bios (which was A04) to A08.

I clicked on the file downloaded, it opened, then I clicked on flash then the macig operated, the entire computer was blocked.

I waited a little, then decided to reboot with the heart up to 200bpm, and yes ladies and gentlemens, I got a nice dark screen, plus a continuous power off, power on (no bips).

How is that possible as I followed carefully the information provided, why is there no a backup bios...

I tried switching ram, nothing, disconnected everything, nothing, to stop the loop power on power off, i keep pressing the little button on the back of the psu (near the green light), i hear all fans, even the hd running but still that silly blank screen...

I tried to boot on an usb key (mini dos) with the bios file on it, but not sure that works as the file is an exe, where can i find the original bios file ? (A04 or A08?)

I have to say i feel a bit deseperate to see such issues happening on high ends computer that cost a kidney or a lung, your call.

If anyone may have a suggestion I would appreciate ! As of now I really think the bios or/and the motherboard is dead

Thanks

Harvey

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 13th, 2010 07:00

harvey68

The better section to post this in, would be the Alienware Club HERE.

As this is a brand new system and has a warranty, you need to contact Dell ASAP about the failed/corrupted BIOS flash.

Bev.

7 Posts

May 13th, 2010 08:00

yeah sorry

i posted it in the right section

do you know if a tech will replace motherboard at home or do i need to ship it back and wait some weeks :(

best

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 13th, 2010 10:00

Harvey

If you reside in the US, for a desktop, the usual procedure, is for Dell to send a Techie to your home to replace the motherboard.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 13th, 2010 11:00

Have you tried resetting BIOS?

Power off and unplug

Press/hold power button for ~15 sec

Open the case and remove the motherboard battery

Press/hold power button again for ~30 sec

Reinstall the battery (right-side-up!) and see if it boots now.

If not, you need a new motherboard...

Ron

No Events found!