Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2017 14:00

New Dell Inspiron 570 motherboard not outputting to any monitor

I just rebuilt a Dell Inspiron 570 computer, I replaced it with an identical motherboard. I have the keyboard, mouse, and monitor plugged in. When I turn it on, the power LED turns blue like normal and the CD drive, fans, hard drive and everything turns on to, but nothing displays on the monitor. I don't hear any error beeps at all so I can't figure out why it won't display anything to the monitor. I have tested it on multiple monitors and none of them will display anything. Any suggestions?

Also I don't have an OS installed on the computer yet.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

October 14th, 2017 18:00

Do you see anything on the monitor, like "Entering Power Saving" or maybe just a blinking cursor in the upper left corner of the screen?  

Does the monitor have its own On-Screen Display (OSD) menu? Have you opened that and made sure the monitor is set to receive the correct video signal (eg HDMI) that's coming from the PC?

Do you have an add-in video card or are you using onboard Intel Graphics? If you have an add-in video card, is the monitor connected to the add-in card and not to one of the  onboard ports?  When an add-in video card is installed, the onboard video ports are disabled...

October 15th, 2017 06:00

I have the same processor as this person on this forum.

en.community.dell.com/.../19465027

October 15th, 2017 06:00

The motherboard I have is an AMD motherboard. It has an AMD processor instead of Intel. It's the 4GJJT motherboard. All the monitors I have tested it on all say No signal or entering sleep mode. I didn't add any video cards to it. The computer doesn't have an OS installed on it right now and I can't get it to boot into a Windows disc either. Is it possible that the BIOS might need to reinstalled. If so, how would I do that if I can?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 15th, 2017 10:00

If you haven't already, try a BIOS reset (unplug the system and remove the CMOS battery for 30 min or so).  Then try again - it's possible someone had the system set to disable the onboard video if they were running the system with a discrete video card -- resetting the CMOS should reactivate the onboard video.

If that doesn't work, the onboard GPU may be defective - contact your seller to have the board replaced.

No Events found!