Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2016 08:00

New GPU for optiplex 755 sff windows 10

Hey guys, 

recently I have read that my dell optiplex 755 sff isn't in the list of supported devices for windows 10. But I have it and I like it. And I have a graphic card geforce nvidia gt730 wich was working on the pc with windows 7 and now it doesn't (it crashes often and its slower than without it) - the card has on the box written windows 7/8/8.1. Is there any card that would suit into my case and be good with windows 10?

I am mostly gonna play lol, wow, minecraft, openTTD, HS. I have PCIe x16 25W. The previous card was 64 bit. Thanks!

PS: Is this gonna work? www.alza.cz/gigabyte-n730d5-2gi-d1774601.htm

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 17th, 2016 11:00

Don't forget about the low powered psu (most are less than 300w) on optiplex models. That limits the video cards you can choose. The small form factor also needs to be considered--low profile only. Windows 10 will almost certainly not run well on the old model that was made for XP/Vista and you will be stuck with generic drivers from Windows 10 that might not work. Since the computer is running too slow now, other things might be failing so consider replacing the computer now instead of spending any money on it.

No Events found!