Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 4th, 2014 07:00

New Graphics Card Support

I have a Dell Dimension 9200. Been working very well for years now. A couple of years back I upgraded the GPU to a Geforce 450. That Graphics card has now given up the ghost and I would like to get a new one. Can you give me any recommendations?

I have been looking at the GTX 660 but I am not too sure about compatibility.

Thanks

1.5K Posts

March 4th, 2014 15:00

I would just look at getting the new GTX 750 Ti.  It will perform almost as good as the GTX 660 and save you money due to its low power consumption.  No PSU upgrade is needed.   A GTX 660 would be overkill with your old CPU.  You don't want to put too much money into an aging system.  

I've had the machine for so long and it's kept running so well. I think, at this rate, it has a lot of sentimental value and I don't mind putting money into keeping it going :P

I had not bothered looking at the 700 series, fearing that it would be prohibitively expensive but the GTX 750TI looks fantastic and is very affordable. Thank you.

Having done some more research myself I am finding that I might need o get a ew PSU. Would anyone have recommendations on that as well?

Thanks

No Events found!