Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2010 17:00

New Monitor

Please, please forgive me if I am in the wrong place ~ I have a Dell Dimension 2350 with Windows XP ~ I have rarely had a problem but I would like to get a new larger monitor because mine is beginning to dim ~ can someone please let me know which one would be compatible with my harddrive and is it just a case of pluging it in ~ because I need it to be easy as I am not too savvy?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Jeanne

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

JeanneGJ 

You don't mention the size of the present monitor?

Just about about LCD monitor that's available will be fine, I would suggest looking for a 19" to 22" screen.

A select of monitors, can be found HERE

Bev.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Hi Jeanne,

Your 2350 has integrated graphics and is compatible with any monitor that has a VGA plug. I'm not sure what size you have now but I suspect it's either 15" or 17". A 17" or 19" monitor would give you considerably more room.

Let me recommend one more thing. Most monitors, and pretty much all of them in the store, are wide screen and I know a lot of people don't like them. But you might want to drop by an electronics retailer and just look at them to see which you prefer.

I would recommend a 19" monitor with a resolution of 1280x1024, which gives plenty of space but is still low enough resolution to be comfortable for eyes that are past their prime (if you know what I mean). This one might suit you.

No Events found!