Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2008 22:00

New XPS 420 with integrated 7.1 audio

I have a set of BA735 Boston Acoustic speakers with sub-woofer, plugging them into the integrated audio does not work. It seems these are digital speakers and they worked great on my old gateway. My guess is that it does not like the analog output to digital speakes as I have tried that configuration. There is an SPDIF port on the back of the XPS, I am not real familar with that specific port but did some research and it seems to some kind of digital out port. I tried a PCM cable, no sound, I tried a regular RCA cable with gold tips, no sound. Anyone come across a soluton to this? Besides having to buy new set of speakers?

Thanks

OS = Vista Home Premium 64 bit

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 20th, 2008 03:00

The old Gateway BA735's are digital but not compatible with current digital standards.  In other words, unfortunately, they are useless with current sound systems, whether it's the Integrated Audio or a separate sound card.

We used to see the BA735 issue come up frequently on the forum but it's probably been a year since I last saw a question about their use posted on the audio section.  I'm lucky, I have BA745's (standard analog) from my old Gateway and I was able to reuse them with a new PC.

No Events found!