Highlighted
CoMack
1 Copper

New XPS 8700 black screen of death... Dell Diagnostic and Support Utilities not working

Part1: I have a new XPS 8700 that came with Windows 8.0, shortly after getting it I downloaded the 8.1 upgrade from the Windows Store. First, I have been having problems with the PC freezing occasionally when left unattended. The power button indicates an "on" state (not sleep) but the keyboard and video are unresponsive. I also had an issue with reboots taking 5 minutes, that was resolved by downgrading the Bluetooth driver. ........................ Part 2, I get errors on all of the support tools. On the "My Dell" app, I get an error message when I click on most of the options (e.g. Contact Technical Support) that says "There was a problem accessing the requested information. Please try again or visit http://support.dell.com. Note that clicking on the link takes me to a page that says "Go here" which eventually redirects to a support page. ........................ Part 3: On the support page, when I attempt to use the "Diagnose an issue" and click "Go to Dell PC Diagnostics" when I select any of the diagnostic scans and click "Run Diagnostics" it gets to the "Installing My Dell client" stage and then returns the error "A problem has been detected, please try again." I notice under "To Get Started" that it says that Windows 8 users should run diagnostics from the desktop, but there is no icon on my desktop... unless they are referring to the other app on the start screen? ........................ Part 4: I did not receive a DVD with my XPS. Is there a way to do a system restore, and revert back to the old Windows 8.0 installation? ........................ I have tried Googling all of the above and have not found anything of help so far. Thanks!
0 Kudos