7- Thorium

Re: New Zino HD 400 locks up randomly

zinohdphilippe - I presume your system is under warranty , so contact Dell Tech Support for assistance.

Ron

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
fhuesemann
1 Copper

Hello,

my update for this case so far:

The Zino was picked up for fixing and I got it back on Friday the 5th. I was quite busy the Weekend so I tryed to get it running on Sunday.

Tha analysis was a damaged Mainboard and so it was changed.

After some updates were installed and I looked for some E-Mails it seemed to keep running. But after a while being occupied by something else I had to see, that it had shut down again. -> so I think the Mainboard was not the problem...

Now I tried to save the rest of my personal Data and just during this transfer it shuts down again...

So I called the service again and I am now waiting for the pick up so that they can try to fix it one more time. emoticon.SuperAngry.title

And additional to this the whole Zino was scrached during the transports. the former beautifull glance black surface is now looking like an 20 Year old car emoticon.Ick.title

So wait and see .... again emoticon.Sad.title

0 Kudos

I have the same problem. If I leave the unit on for about 12-24 hours it will lockup. I too have lots of computer knowledge (25 years+) and do not want to spend my personal time fixing something that should just work. I want it as a MCE machine so it must be able to be on 24/7. I am not happy. I do not want to send it away at present as there must be a software/firmware/bios problem here as many people are getting this problem.

My symptoms are:

1.         Power light on

2.         No response from keyboard/mouse

3.         No screen display

All I can then do is hold the power button down to shut it down and then reboot.

0 Kudos
fhuesemann
1 Copper

So the odyssey is going on...

After the Zino was away for the second time it come back with

- more things replaced (Motherboard, CPU and Cover)

- new Scraches on the new Cover

- a new error occuring before the old one could happen again ....

After turning it on it stopped with the Message "video fan error". This is quite amusing because i thought it has no video fan emoticon.Confused.title

So I called the service again... Now after the second unsuccessfull try to fix they had a lot of questions...

... and I had one major question: "Why they do not try out the PC before returning?"

And the second question of me: "why did they not change the transportation package and instead let it get scrached/damaged again?"

We now have the Middle of April. That means that I have the Zino since 2 Months (well it was deliverd 2 Months ago), but I can count the Days I had it in use on one hand emoticon.Angry.title )

Now it is picked up for service the third time

I reallly wonder what happens next ...

0 Kudos
fhuesemann
1 Copper

HI,

I have the same problem than fhuesemann Could you tell me what I can do ?

... and? how far are You until now?

0 Kudos
MarkBean
1 Copper

I've been experiencing problems with my Zino HD. It's a base unit with an upgraded processor. More details are here

0 Kudos
fhuesemann
1 Copper

After 3 unsuccessfull tries of the Service to fix it I now have recieved my "Exchange-Zino HD" and the old one will be collected the next days.

The New One did not shut down now for at least 3 Days... but this is not long enough to be really sure.

I wonder if I will get a replay after they get the old one. Will they look for the error? Will they contact me and tell me a result?

Who knows. I will wait and see...

0 Kudos
kartikgajjar
1 Copper

how is your system running... seems I've the same issue...

thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
fhuesemann
1 Copper

I now tested the replacement System for a certain time...

It's running well. No issues any more... and I hope there will be no comming up emoticon.Wink.title

The old one was picked up this week. So until a possible reply it will take some more time.

I still think that the company making the Service for Dell never changed anything in 3 "repair attempts" (exept the scrached cover in the end)

0 Kudos
fhuesemann
1 Copper

The Exchanged Zino ist still working properly.

... but I got no reply what was the Problem with the Old One and why it was not possible to get it fixed in 3 tries.

... maybe the reason was so ashaming that they not dare to tell emoticon.Wink.title

0 Kudos