Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 14th, 2017 22:00

No Audio from Subwoofer on XPS 8920

I just unboxed a new XPS 8920 and plugged in my trusty Klipsch THX speakers and subwoofer. They worked just fine on an old PC and I expected them to work the same on this new PC.

I'm using Realtek Audio as my default playback device. Right now the configuration for the speakers is set to Stereo and it plays out of the two satellite speakers. If I choose Quadraphonic or 5.1 Surround the audio sounds like aliens speaking through a tin can on the other side of Mars.

What exactly is going on here? What do I need to do so I can get the subwoofer working and have the full audio sound I was accustomed to with my old system?

May 15th, 2017 07:00

Have you tried connecting the computer with other speakers?

If the answer is yes and still you have the issue, Please Uninstall the Realtek audio from the Device Manager. When the uninstallation is done, restart the computer. Allow Windows to find new hardware and install the driver, then restart the computer again.

May 15th, 2017 19:00

Unfortunately I do not have any other speaker sets with a subwoofer, so such a test wouldn't help much in this matter.

There are two places under the Device Manager where Realtek Audio is present:

- Audio Inputs and Outputs

- Sound, Video, and Game Controllers

Which one to I uninstall?

May 15th, 2017 22:00

Uninstall from both because it's not sure which driver is causing the issue.

14 Posts

July 1st, 2017 08:00

I've heard this too, try disabling all enhancements on the enhancements tab on the Realtek driver.  This made my sound better and the sound check worked after.

No Events found!