sethoscope1
1 Copper

No DVD audio

I have a two week old MCE edition XPS. All the audio works (MP3, windows audio, internet), but when I try to play a DVD, the audio doesnt work. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
europa303
5 Tungsten

Re: No DVD audio

Just to be sure, when you click on the speaker icon in the taskbar nothing is muted, right?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
grullone2
1 Nickel

Did you ever figure out the problem?  I've had the same problem with my MCE XP system since day one.  You drop 1500 dollars on a laptop and you would expect it to be able to play a DVD
0 Kudos
shandwerk
1 Copper

I am having this same problem, I can't get any audio from my DVD when it is playing through any program, yet all my other sounds work including streaming video... HELP!  I am on an XPS M1210 and trying to use Cineplayer... or Windows Media Player - neight have audio... HELP!
0 Kudos
grullone2
1 Nickel

Call up dell and tell them that you need to reinstall the DVD Decoder software.  They'll ship you the software.  That was my problem.  They hadn't included the software when I bought the laptop.  When I needed to re-install it, I didn't have it.  Mine was called WIN-DVD if I recall correctly.
0 Kudos
handholder
1 Nickel

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever get your solution?

Laura
0 Kudos
handholder
1 Nickel

Just to let you all know, today I found the solution.  It was an easy one, too!  Dell has a software patch for Sonic CinePlayer 3.0, that solves this problem.  File Name R142470.EXE.  My problem was solved in 3 minutes!
0 Kudos