Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2008 00:00

No Sound Drivers

I've tried installing the drivers for my PC from the Dell website and when I do it tells me No Drivers found!  Then it tells me to restart my PC and re run the install.  In shich case I get the same message.

March 17th, 2008 00:00

Ok there is this and I do not know where to find the Service Tag number at.  And when I try to get it from the website, when its finished doing its thing it don't display any numbers or anything.  Someone please help.  Im running a Dimmension 2300 with original Motherboard, and added HD's and DVD Roms....the DVD Rom I'm using however isn't listed in the drivers section for the 2300 series.

9.4K Posts

March 17th, 2008 11:00

Click here for a listing of all the available files Dell has for your model and Windows XP.  There is only one audio driver listed and that would be for the integrated on-board sound.  From your latest posting I'm not sure if you have found that one already. 

As for the DVD, that device would use the native DVD driver built into Windows XP.  No additional driver installation is necessary.  The CD / DVD downloads you see on Dell's website are primarily "firmware" updates and not drivers. 

Also if you have re-install the operating system then make sure you have installed the Chipset driver.  That driver is often forgotten and without it your system may have difficulty installing the drivers for the other hardware devices.

25 Posts

March 17th, 2008 11:00

You tag should be pasted somewhere on your case (try back of case or top).  I notice on my new system it is also listed in the BIOS.  I would also look for the drivers in the discs that came with your computer, if you still have them.

Since you installed the DVD Rom on your own and not DELL installed, you will need to get the driver from the website of the manufacturer of the device.  Dell would not have it on their site unless you purchased it from them. 

No Events found!