Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2009 16:00

No audio

I have Dell dimension 3000, I have no audio, except for the headphones only. I can plug the speakers in to the headphone jack and they work fine, but when plugged into the green jack in the back...nothing. Can anyone offer some help??

2 Posts

April 13th, 2009 17:00

Hi, Well, you don't say if you're running XP or something else. So this pertains to XP. START, CONTROL PANEL, SOUNDS SPEACH AND AUDIO DEVICES, LEFT CLICK ON SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES, PICK  THE VOLUME TAB, MAKE SURE THE VOLUME SLIDER IS NOT ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT, MAKE SURE THE MUTE BOX IS UNCHECKED , UNDER SPEAKER SETTINGS CLICK ON ADVANCED,  UNDER THE SPEAKER TAB CLICK ON THE DROP DOWN MENU AND MAKE SURE THAT "DESKTOP STEREO SPEAKERS" SHOWS IN THE WINDOW. CLICK "OK" AND CLOSE OUT ALL OF THE OPEN WINDOWS. YOU CAN PUT AN  ICON IN YOUR TASKBAR FROM THERE AS WELL.

If that doesn't work go to your device manager and make sure everything there is "OK". Here where I work I ran into a situation where some old DELL desktop speakers wouldn't work with a new DELL PC I installed but all worked great when I installed late model ones. Impedance can be an issue, make sure the specs on the speakers match the specs on the PC.

3 Posts

April 14th, 2009 05:00

I have the same problem.  GX745 running Windows XP Pro.  If I plug the speakers into the front, it works.  If I plug them into the back, I get nothing.  Have checked hardware and software, installed latest drivers.  Strange thing is that the AudioESP box keeps popping up asking me what I plugged into the blue jack when there's nothing plugged in.

No Events found!