Highlighted
gary125
Copper

No help from tech support

I have been getting screens, such as the one attached on several occasions. When I call tech support we have to go through all the tests and nothing shows. The tech has me do a few things and he even takes control of the computer and does some things. Of course, immediately thereafter everything seems to be working fine but eventually I get this screen.  This morning, 08/10/17 the computer gave me the screen I have attached, I sent the technician the picture of the screen and he sends me this response

"Thank you for contacting Dell Technical Support. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you to help ensure you continue to enjoy the use of your Dell system.   

Please contact Dell Technical Support any time at 1800-624-9896 for quick resolution

Service Request Number <Service request number removed>

Please contact Dell Technical Support any time at 1800-624-9896

please have your service tag or express service code ready. You could also resolve your issues by logging onto our support site www.support.dell.com for basic troubleshooting assistance and information related to order status, driver downloads and queries regarding your Dell system.

Please allow our representative to contact you within 48 to 72 hours.

Your satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you for choosing Dell."

I think my hard drive or worse, my computer is failing.  I have warranty until 01/19.  What can I do? If I keep calling nothing seems to get fixed.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RoHe
Diamond

RE: No help from tech support

Remove your service request number because it may allow a scammer to access your personal info.

Always include exact PC model and version of Windows in your posts.

It's possible (1) the hard drive failed, (2)  BIOS is mis-configured, or (3) the boot sequence is incorrect.

For starters, you can power off and unplug the PC. Press/hold power button for ~15 sec. Open the case and find the cable that goes from the SATA0 connector on the motherboard (possibly a blue motherboard connector) to the hard drive. Carefully reseat the cable at both ends. Then check the power cable connection from the power supply to that same hard drive. Close up and see if it boots now.

And obviously, if it's under warranty you have to get tech support to assist. You can call them again if they haven't responded. Give whoever answers your Request number and your Service Tag. They should be able to help you.

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
speedstep
Diamond

RE: No help from tech support

That bios screen does not look like a system that is under warranty as this is conventional phoenix bios from 2007.  Most systems from the last 3 years would be UEFI Bios windows 8 at least.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos