Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 24th, 2014 15:00

No monitor, Keyboard, and Mouse Signal

I have tow Dell desktops with this problem. Identical problem on both computers. 

No signal to Monitor, Keyboard or Mouse. All three work just fine with another desktop.

I already tried the "Unplug everything. Hold power button for 30 seconds" trick. No change. Still the same problem on both PC's.

Please Help.

4 Posts

September 24th, 2014 20:00

So I just reseated the memory. I did it earlier but I did it again just now after looking at the diagnostic codes in the manual you sent me. First computer seems to be working. I got video on monitor and keyboard and mouse both are working.

Thank You for all you help.

4 Posts

September 24th, 2014 18:00

OptiPlex 755. Windows 7. Both computers.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

Always include PC model and version of Windows in your posts.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

Desktop, Mini-tower, Small Form or Ultra Small?

Seems odd that 2 PCs would have same problem at same time... Did you have a power failure or surge?

What color is the power button and is it steady or blinking?

Any beeps from the system?

What color are the 4 diagnostic LEDs on front panel?

You can look up power button LED codes, beep codes and diagnostic LED codes in the manual.

4 Posts

September 24th, 2014 20:00

Desktop. Mid Towers.

No power surge.

One was at my business. The other was at home and not even plugged in. When I noticed the problem at work, I brought the whole setup home. First I tested the monitor with a my daughter's desktop. Monitor works fine. Then, I hooked up the second Dell that was sitting on the side. It's doing he same thing.

Power button is Solid Green. No Blinking.

No beeps when I turn it on.

There are four letters (with symbols next to them) on the front panel.

#1 and #2 are off. #3 and #4 are lit Green.

I did a clean install of Windows 7 a few weeks ago. But they both ran fine after that. I was even using the one at work regularly.

Both PC's are identical. Both have Video cards with DVI output. I even pulled out the video card in one and plugged in the VGA cable. No dice.

548 Posts

September 25th, 2014 03:00

RoHe gave you the likely answer via a hyperlink to the Users Guide, though i suspect the needed info will actually be in the Service Manual.

As i only have the Service Manual for an Optiplex 780, which on page 14 contains a description of the Diagnostic lights for that system, i can share those pages with you that state the following:

So it's likely you have a DIMM failure, so look at the suggested resolution above...

No Events found!